Who disposed of Lesnar more Impressively, Velasquez or Overeem?

Truth is, Brock probably didn't belong in the organization. Disease or not.

Overeem.

Everything he did hurt Brock and wasn't taken down a single time. Cain was taken down I believe. The last liver kick made Lesnar give up.

I gotta say Overeem because his fight with Brock was not even competitive at any point. I had this argument with a few friends about 2 days ago so we watched both fights back to back and we all came to the same conclusion.

Overeem is the only guy Brock couldn't take down. He also took a lot less strikes to really end the fight. Brock was doing fine until Cain got him on the ground and took his back. At that point, he got rocked and never really recovered.

I was not impressed with overeems performance.

The way Brock just let go of that single showed he wasn't even in the fight, he just wanted a paycheck.

So Cain

Diverticulitis disposed of Brock Lesnar as a genuine "fighter" long before either of those two beat him.

Its very sad as Brock will always be a what could have been fighter.

Yes.. eat your greens people!

I was not impressed with overeems performance.

The way Brock just let go of that single showed he wasn't even in the fight, he just wanted a paycheck.

So Cain
He let go of the single because he felt the power of Overeem's guillotine.

I don't get how everyone just ignores this. He didn't let go for no reason, he let go because he couldn't even move Overeem and he was about to get submitted.

BTW, I favor Cain over Alistair, though Alistair has a good chance. People are dismissing Bigfoot too much though. Stylistically, IMO Bigfoot is a tougher fight for Alistair than Cain.

Overeem put him away faster but I don't think it was the same Brock that Cain destroyed.

Overeem by far, I've never seen brock that nervous. He could do nothing but brace for impact.

I have a serious question. I'm no med student, but why do people keep mentioning his disease? What particularly, after the surgeries, affected him? Does it have lingering symptoms?

I would vote for Reem. I don't doubt Brocks illness was a factor, but he looked in great shape before the fight and looked energetic and light on his feet first minute or so before he took some knees and then Reem picked him apart.

IMO Overeeem.

Brock couldnt do anything to him and he also beat him with "only" like 5 knees and a kick while it took Cain a billion punches to end it.

Overeem, by a mile. Look at Lesnar during the weigh-ins. Dog psychology. He knew he was nowhere near the alpha-male between those two and you could spread his stench of fear with a butter knife, it was so thick. This isn't a dig against Lesnar, because I think he disposes of 95% of the other heavyweights out there. I just think that when it came to Overeem, Brock lost because he knew he was fighting a bigger, stronger guy that can hit hard enough to KO a fucking rhino. Plus, Lesnar looked like a deer in headlights the moment he realized wrestling wasn't any longer an option. Then, Overeem just kicked him hard enough to make him shit his own asshole out. Ta-da.

Cain

I remember before the fight a lot of people thought Cain , being the smaller and lighter man (around 50lbs difference) man, wouldn't be able to handle Brock size , strength , takedowns and ground game and would be pummeled from the top. Now we all know what happened : Cain was able to get up from his back , stuff Brock TDs and absolutely destroy him on the feet.

In Reem case it was expected that he would demolish Brock and he did just that so to me it was less impressive because of that.

Whenever Lesnar looks into a mirror he answers your question.

You people who skip over the fact that Brock was missing a chunk of intestine and recently operated to have it removed are not very intelligent. Overeems plan was to smartly target the area where Lesnar was least prepared to receive it and that was a powerkick right smack in his stomache. It took one crack there to basically end the fight and had brock cringing in pain. Maybe it was his lack of resolve and or willingness to take a punch or kick without freaking out like a friend of mine is always reminding me. I try to give the guy the benefit of the doubt as the surgery that Brock had done before the fight had to have a huge role in that fight, if you could call it that.

Of course, in hindsight he looked terrible in his match against Cain who chewed him up and spit him out without much effort.

Cain Beat a very scary wrestler at wrestling.
After cain fights them, they just dont want no more brown sugar.

Uhhhhhh.. Wouldn't the affected area from surgery be on the left side of the torso? And wasn't he kicked in the liver on the right?

That kick would end most men, surgery or not

Back