Who disposed of Lesnar more Impressively, Velasquez or Overeem?

He let go of the single because he felt the power of Overeem's guillotine.

I don't get how everyone just ignores this. He didn't let go for no reason, he let go because he couldn't even move Overeem and he was about to get submitted.

BTW, I favor Cain over Alistair, though Alistair has a good chance. People are dismissing Bigfoot too much though. Stylistically, IMO Bigfoot is a tougher fight for Alistair than Cain.

Its even more weird because Lesnar did the same thing when HH and Frank Murr were trying to wrap up his neck.

N2LjM.jpg

Cain was losing the fight for the first 2 or 2.5 minutes.

Overeem got a nasty cut and said he could barely see, but still did got the W more efficiently.

Gotta go with Reem.

Overeem, I think. They both annihilated him, though. Not a lot to choose.

I'll say Reem because he called a KO and said he was going to destroy Mr Brock in the pre fight conference

Cain or course.....but wait till U see Cain throttle Overeem that is gonna be a one-sided ass kicking....Overeem will make JDS look good....

I think Overeem fought Brock after his 2nd operation, you cant be the same after one of those operations and diverticulitis. So Id say Cain.

Overeem seemed more effortless but Cain took him down and outstriked him. But Brock took Cain down, but got reversed. Brock couldnt move Reem much, but thats after 2 cases of diverticulitis

and I dont think any athletes have been successful during or after diverticulitis which makes his wins against Carwin and Mir more impressive. Beatdown of the year against Mir especaily after Mir and his friends calling him a WWe guy

What the hell?

Cain was losing the fist 2:30 of that fight.

Velasquez beat Lesnar more brutally.

Overeem beat Lesnar more efficiently.

Aside from that one punch that cut Overeem's eyebrow that fight was all Overeem. He stuffed the takedown, he hurt Lesnar with knees to the body and then he finished him with a kick to the body follow by some punches while he was covered up on the ground.

Cain had a little more competitive fight as Lesnar did get him down and even hit him with some hard shots standing even though it didn't draw blood. Then he got Lesnar down and pummeled him, beating him to a bloody pulp.

Those were both good showing against a tough opponent. I don't think we can draw any conclusions about Overeem vs. Velasquez based on their fight with Lesnar. If Cain can't get Overeem to the ground Overeem knocks him out. If Overeem gets taken down Cain will seriously test his ground game and durability. Most likely Overeem would get worn out and TKO'd. I look forward to that matchup.

I think that you have summarized it excellently. The distinction between the brutality of Velasquez's victory as opposed to the efficiency of Overeem's is one I was hoping this discussion would bring up. The reason why I believe Overeem's disposition of Lesnar to be arguably more impressive than Cain's is due to its succinct, accurate and timely nature.

I think it is true what you said: 'We [can't] draw any conclusions about Overeem vs. Velasquez based on their fight with Lesnar'. The argument that 'styles make fights' further strengthens this idea too. Despite this, however, what I consider crucial, and is actually one of the main reasons I favour The Reem over the Terminator, is Alistair's seemingly flawless ability to implement a winning strategy efficiently through the use of the tools he has perfected throughout his career. This is not to say that Cain doesn't implement his game-plan, it's just to draw attention to the exactitude and impressive conduct of Overeem in the cage.

He let go of the single because he felt the power of Overeem's guillotine.

I don't get how everyone just ignores this. He didn't let go for no reason, he let go because he couldn't even move Overeem and he was about to get submitted.

BTW, I favor Cain over Alistair, though Alistair has a good chance. People are dismissing Bigfoot too much though. Stylistically, IMO Bigfoot is a tougher fight for Alistair than Cain.

You are right about alot of things. Overeems guillotine is just another tool that dude has to finish people.

I do see overeem just being too much for bigfoot. In reality i really only see cain being able to beat overeem and it wont be easy.

Lesnar had nothing for Overeem. At least he was able to take down Cain and get back up after Cain took him down.

i would say reem.. simply cause he honestly acted like he didnt respect lesnar's striking at all (MUCH UNDERSTOOD)

I think Overeem fought Brock after his 2nd operation, you cant be the same after one of those operations and diverticulitis. So Id say Cain.

Overeem seemed more effortless but Cain took him down and outstriked him. But Brock took Cain down, but got reversed. Brock couldnt move Reem much, but thats after 2 cases of diverticulitis

and I dont think any athletes have been successful during or after diverticulitis which makes his wins against Carwin and Mir more impressive. Beatdown of the year against Mir especaily after Mir and his friends calling him a WWe guy

lol name the athletes whose careers fell apart after that one specific disease.
Total bunch of crap is your post.

Definitely Cain, I mean both decimated him but Cain made the dude get disco fever.

Uhhhhhh.. Wouldn't the affected area from surgery be on the left side of the torso? And wasn't he kicked in the liver on the right?

That kick would end most men, surgery or not

This guy speaks da troof. Seriously that kick would finish a lot healthy fighters.

Definitely Cain, I mean both decimated him but Cain made the dude get disco fever.

Yeah, both we're dominate performances and very impressive to watch, but ever since that Cain fight I haven't been able to get that moment of Brock going in circles out of my head.

That fight also gave us some great gifs and shoops.

2nkigc9.gif

Back