Who can beat Valentina Shevchenko?

Someone who is superior in one aspect of the sport to Valentina. Suarez is a superior wrestler but is way behind in other aspects, so no. Dern is way ahead in bjj but seems headed for atomweight.

I would have loved to have seen pre-enhanced Joanna make a real move up to 125, rather than the short-notice title fight hastily arranged to help the UFC recover from the Nicco debacle.

Dern is way ahead in bjj but seems headed for atomweight.

What kind of atom, enriched uranium? She fights at 115, where she literally missed weight three times in six fights. Having her move to Valentina's division would actually make a lot of sense. Val would be the favorite, but that would be one of the few intriguing fight in that whole division.

What kind of atom, enriched uranium? She fights at 115, where she literally missed weight three times in six fights. Having her move to Valentina's division would actually make a lot of sense. Val would be the favorite, but that would be one of the few intriguing fight in that whole division.

It's a joke, the weight not the matchup.

at 125 its her fight to lose... shes so much better than her peers at that division..

McFarlane would make it a fight; might win...and the farther in the future this fight (actually) happens, the more likely I would be to pick Ilima.

Jarl

Really? Bold. While I like McFarlane, her level of competition has not prepared her sufficiently, IMO, and I do not really see that changing.

Someone who is superior in one aspect of the sport to Valentina. Suarez is a superior wrestler but is way behind in other aspects, so no. Dern is way ahead in bjj but seems headed for atomweight.

Who is Dern?

I would have loved to have seen pre-enhanced Joanna make a real move up to 125, rather than the short-notice title fight hastily arranged to help the UFC recover from the Nicco debacle.

I think Joanna never stood a chance against Valentina.
Valentina has beat her like 4 times in Muay Thai which is the biggest Joanna strength, in the transition Valentina got way better grappling techniques while Joanna never developed that department. That's why Valentina completely dominated her everywhere in their UFC fight.

Who is Dern?

Wow, you really do only care about Valentina... Mackenzie Dern, 7-0, BJJ world champion, fights this weekend, made lots of headlines because of her accent, missing weight at 115 and misleading Instagram thirst traps.

Wow, you really do only care about Valentina... Mackenzie Dern, 7-0, BJJ world champion, fights this weekend, made lots of headlines because of her accent, missing weight at 115 and misleading Instagram thirst traps.

Is she new in the UFC?

I know all the main names of wmma and I have watched all the big figths of wmma.

The main girls of 115lbs division are: Rose, Zhang, Joanna, Andrade, Suarez, Ansaroff, Waterson, Claudia, Torres, Karolina...

I think this girl could be the best challenger at 125lbs, she's been knocking bitches out! (Shevchenko still would outclass her though)

This year she KO'd a girl at UFC 237, then destroyed Alexis Davis at UFC 239 and now is going to fight Jessica Eye at UFC 245 (she probably would destroy or KO Eye too.)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I saw her last saturday lmfao

I'll see how Weili does against Joanna, she could be the one.

It seems like the 3 champs are a level above everyone else at the moment

I think Valentina outpoints Amanda if they fight again. I thought she won the second fight but it was garbage and nobody did anything

I'll see how Weili does against Joanna, she could be the one.

It seems like the 3 champs are a level above everyone else at the moment

I think Valentina outpoints Amanda if they fight again. I thought she won the second fight but it was garbage and nobody did anything

Yeah, let's see how the chinese chick does against Joanna/Suarez/Rose first.

A future rematch with Pena could be interesting. The first fight was back and forth.
Lmao, no it wasn't. Pena thought she could bull Valentina in the clinch and she got taken down and submitted.

Who can take her belt?

It seems like she's on another level at her natural weightclass..... She used to fight bigger women at 135lbs because UFC didn't have her natural weightclass yet and she only lost to Amanda Nunes by a controversial split desicion.

Now at her natural weightclass who is gonna beat her?

-The first 125lbs champion refused to fight Shevchenko and now she went up to bantamweight.
-Joanna went up from strawweight and she was completely dominated by Shevchenko.
-Carmouche and Eye went down from bantamweight and they were completely dominated too.

So who can take her belt right now?
The girls from 125lbs? Which one?
The girls from 135lbs? Nunes, Holm, GDR, Peña, etc? They barely can make 135lbs and Shevchenko already beat most of them.
The girls from 125lbs? Zhang, Joanna, Suarez, Andrade, Rose, etc? Their most dominant champ already tried and got beat up.

I know no one is unbeatable but I don't see anyone, so please tell me someone.

giphy.gif
Who beats her? Atm probably no-one, who takes her belt? Probably Antonina

Back