News Whittaker On Izzy “Not as good as he thinks he is, performance against Marvin was average”.

Israel ain't that good. He's good but not roided to the gills Jones level good or Ngannou level or Anderoid Silva good. You can't even game plan those guys. I see Israel getting out game planned in their next fight. Bait Israel into a fire fight then takedown. Problem with Vettori is his boxing was atrocious. Zero power. Zero set ups. That's why Israel was able to focus on the TDs. Also, Vettori has massive legs and threw zero leg kicks when Israel was wide open for them when he leans back, specially near the cage. Weedman would easily beat Israel. Romero if he actually tried. Moose. And Whittaker will get it done and make it look relatively easy unless he goes full retard and brawls with him lmao that last fight... I get why he did it tho. But now there's plenty of tape and two blue prints.

Meh, Cannonier was durable as hell, and Rob almost stopped him in a 3 rounder.

Till has been hurt badly and finished by Welterweights, and Kelvin was pretty much KO'd by Adesanya and took way more damage from Israel's best shots than he did from Whittaker's.

Styles make fights, and Whittaker is an awful matchup for Vettori. Whittaker wouldn't be worried at all about the TD, and Vettori's jab would get smashed by Whittakers counter jab.

It's all about styles, and Whittakers matches up damn well against Vettori in a way that Adesanya didn't.

Oh, I think that Whittaker beats Vettori relatively easily in the stand up, but I see no indication that he'd finish him.

You know, cunt is a normal word in NZ and Aussieland. I thought this was common knowledge by now.

I'm not from NZ. It isn't derogatory? Honest question.

Wow this guys a clown lmao at getting mad over that. Rob gonna make it look easy in the rematch. Hope he humps him too.

Firefight as bait
Leg kicks / Takedown
Repeat as many times as necessary then choke his ass out. Not a KO, no, I want him to take him down, grab him from behind and make Israel submit to him. Come on guys, is normal... You know you wanna see this too..come on guys... Come on... Is normal...

Till has been hurt badly and finished by Welterweights, and Kelvin was pretty much KO'd by Adesanya and took way more damage from Israel's best shots than he did from Whittaker's.

Oh, I think that Whittaker beats Vettori relatively easily in the stand up, but I see no indication that he'd finish him.
Hmm, you might be right, but I think stylistically Vettori would have so many problems with Whittaker's jab and TDD that he would gas pretty fast.

And, I don't see a ton of utility in comparing what other people did to hurt other fights, for instance Romero dropped Jacare but couldn't finish him where Rob could, but you wouldn't say that Rob has more power than Romero would you? Plus Till was cutting so much weight at WW.

100% Agree.

He's great at many things don't get me wrong,
but also one of the most exaggerated fighters I've ever seen...

It was an average performance.
Yet all I heard from commentators and shit was "THE BEST STRIKING I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!", totally over the top.

The change in perception of Izzy since he lost to Jan is exactly why fighters don’t take the risk and move up. People are acting like he isn’t 21-0 at MW and ran through the division. According to everyone, the vast majority of middleweights (and even welterweights) are easily capable of beating him. Some of the comments here are just stupid.

Let’s look at Whittaker’s record since getting knocked out in 8 minutes:

- Had a close fight with injured Till, who is overrated according to everyone, so that isn’t a good look.
- Nearly had a dominant win over Cannonier before almost getting finished in the 3rd (almost finished by a 1 armed injured fighter mind you)
- Decision win over the ghost of Gastelum

I don’t see where anyone would get their confidence in him in. And looks like his mentality hasn’t changed either. Easy win for Izzy.

What doesn't make sense? My Dad also wished me a Happy Father's Day as did my Grandfather wish him.
Adesanya definitely reaching for the comedy, but yes you are correct, my bad.

I just always find Adesanya’s trash-talk to be really cringe. Whittaker barely insulted him, their fight isn’t even signed, and Izzy left no doubt the last time they fought, so why react like this? Dude is getting triggered like Jones or Bisping, with like 10 tweets responding to one benign comment.

Mismatch for Rob, I think the rematch would be the same

I have a feeling there's going to be some large group of upset Bobby Knuckles' fans come the second bout where he very well gets dismantled.

Marvin > Robert
How so? It's not like Marvin's going to take and hold Whittaker down and sub him or gnp him out, Whitaker's tdd and in particular his ability to spend scramble resulting in hardly any time on his back is elite. In a striking battle the only reason Marvin may survive is he's got a chin on him, would be a one sided beat down.

You're not being sarcastic? Well, he keeps calling him bitch as well, lol.
yeah bitch is more derogatory than cunt that is for sure.

i cant search the word on work computer at the time, but just search 'is cunt a bad word in australia?', and most write up articles will say no.

I'm surprised he didn't say anything sexual. Rob is a handsome dude, Izzy was clearly restraining himself

Back