News Whittaker On Izzy “Not as good as he thinks he is, performance against Marvin was average”.

Nothing he said was wrong. But cue the gifs of him getting knocked out.

I still think he loses. He doesn’t have Marvin’s granite chin and if he does the darting in and out, he will get caught, like he does in a lot of fights, and likely finished.

After Izzy has been calling Robert a "cu*t" and a "bitch" and referring to him as his "son", Robert actually decided to say something. It isn't like he hasn't been provoked. And it wasn't anything offensive either.

But then again, all Izzy's camp has done is talk shit to Bobby who has said almost nothing to this point over the course of two years almost.

In before the dumb ass contingent of posters who still think Knuckles doesn't want the fight because he wanted time off for the birth of his kid and for Christmas when he came back.
"He wanted time off for the birth of his kid and for Christmas when he came back"

Christmas isn't in June homie.

Whittaker is going to shock everyone by outstriking Adesanya, and also mixing up the wrestling showing he is a better Martial Artist. EZ decision win 49-46 for Bobby Knuckles MARK MY WOOOORDS!!!

I wouldn’t be shocked id be pleased. This is the perfect matchup for Bobby to prove he one of the greatest. Had he beat Izzy the first time they would have just said Izzy not that good.

I'm a huge Whittaker fan and cannot stand Adesanya but Rob has no place to talk here. Israel made Rob look like a fool and KO'd him. I think Whittaker has all the tools to beat Israel but he has to fight the perfect fight to do it, and I'm not sure he will.
He also used the same line last time "he's not as good as he thinks he is", then afterwards even referenced it and said "I guess he is"

My boi better not embarrass himself again

Says the guy who got KO by Adesanya.

the thing with Izzy is, he's a counter striker. If you go full aggresive he'll piece you up, but if you go steady he'll bore you with a decision.

Nothing wrong with hanging onto the reason why you're the champ.
I just find it a weak response /smack talk. Everyone knows what happened the first time a guy who won a first fight can always do that.

I mean DC was getting consideration even after his first loss to stipe. Francis doubled back, fixed the whole in his game. And even managed to find positive positions where he once lacked and stopped stipe. It’s a case by case basis but I don’t think the the stipe loss hurts too bad. Considering what was done after

Can we stop with the narrative of Rob being a innocent, nice guy who’s never talked negative about an opponent

Whittaker definitely talked some trash before the first fight, he guaranteed it would be one sided, he would make it short and sweet and reiterated that Izzy isn’t as good as he thinks.

He literally said nothing disrespectful in that clip and also called him a great fighter and shook his hand in staredown. Stating an opponent's perceived weaknesses politely and predicting your own victory is not disrespect or trash talk.

I want to see this rematch so bad. Surely Whittaker has to be the next in line!

Whittaker's last fight is better than any fight on Gynosanya's resume. Israel's last fight is right up there with Ngannou-Lewis.

Israel has an insane height and reach advantage. If Robert can solve that puzzle Izzy is in serious trouble.

IF.
I always bet to see you in every Izzy threat being butthurt and speaking with emotions instead of logic.....never change buddy lol

He's not wrong. Izzy looked slow and off his game against Vettori. Vettori is not a great striker, and Izzy had a massive reach advantage, but he just really struggled to land anything serious. Crazy as it sounds, I think between that and Jan, Bobby could make the proper gameplan this time to win. Their first fight, izzy didn't have any obvious weaknesses. He'd been damn near flawless. Now there's a lot of tape on him, and certain habits are becoming more apparent.

Whittaker is going to shock everyone by outstriking Adesanya, and also mixing up the wrestling showing he is a better Martial Artist. EZ decision win 49-46 for Bobby Knuckles MARK MY WOOOORDS!!!
Not using his full skill set in the first fight was an odd watch as a Whittaker fan, normally he is very calculated and technical....in the fight with Izzy he was pushing the action too much and almost looked like a completely different fighter.

Not sure if he wins the rematch, but if he does it will likely be due to him using all of his skills and not just marching forward throwing bombs.

Back