News Whittaker On Izzy “Not as good as he thinks he is, performance against Marvin was average”.

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Watching that fight against Vettori, you can see he’s not untouchable,” Whittaker said.

The 30-year-old Sydneysider also confirmed October as the perfect date for a blockbuster rematch between the Trans Tasman rivals, adding that he would gladly fight before 60,000 fans at Eden Park, Auckland

“It reinforced the fact that he’s very human. Very touchable.

“I actually thought his performance was average.

“Not average in the context of being bad. But he (Adesanya) never did anything more than what he had to do.

“He’s a very good fighter, sure. But he’s not as good as he thinks he is, his loss to Jan, followed by his average performance against Vettori, it just confirms that he isn’t as untouchable as everyone thinks.”

ImperturbablePoliticalIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif

Full Article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ws-story/7df68272aa3418baba7038e252b7caa1?amp

“Not as good as he thinks he is” - Reaper

<6>

Sounds like he’s trying to start shit

After Izzy has been calling Robert a "cu*t" and a "bitch" and referring to him as his "son", Robert actually decided to say something. It isn't like he hasn't been provoked. And it wasn't anything offensive either.

But then again, all Izzy's camp has done is talk shit to Bobby who has said almost nothing to this point over the course of two years almost.

In before the dumb ass contingent of posters who still think Knuckles doesn't want the fight because he wanted time off for the birth of his kid and for Christmas when he came back.

Last edited:
Whittaker is going to shock everyone by outstriking Adesanya, and also mixing up the wrestling showing he is a better Martial Artist. EZ decision win 49-46 for Bobby Knuckles MARK MY WOOOORDS!!!

Hardly. Bobby has his damn hands full and needs to change his approach from the last fight while not winging wide strikes that leave him open for counters. He better bring his singlet and be patient.

In theory, Whitaker has a lot more going for him this fight. He's had time to recover from those Yoel Romero wars and the Izzy knockout. He's on a 3 fight streak and has looked great while simultaneously getting plenty of tape on Adesanya.
And quite frankly, he fought with the worst possible game plan he could have used against Adesanya in the first fight, i.e lunging and reaching out against a longer counter striker doing nothing but head hunting.

That said, I feel like Whitaker has little for Izzy but will be rooting for him nonetheless.

After Izzy has been calling Robert a "cu*t" and a "bitch" and referring to him as his "son", Robert actually decided to say something. It isn't like he hasn't been provoked. And it wasn't anything offensive either.

But then again, all Izzy's camp has done is talk shit to Bobby who has said nothing to this point over the course of two years almost.

In before the dumb ass contingent of posters who still think Knuckles doesn't want the fight because he wanted time off for the birth of his kid and for Christmas when he came back.

Can we stop with the narrative of Rob being a innocent, nice guy who’s never talked negative about an opponent

Whittaker definitely talked some trash before the first fight, he guaranteed it would be one sided, he would make it short and sweet and reiterated that Izzy isn’t as good as he thinks.

Last edited:
I don’t think he’s saying anything over the top here. Just that Izzy isn’t unbeatable and hasn’t looked untouchable in his last two outings. He’s right. Not like he’s saying he sucks or easy work, just that he can be beaten.

Can we stop with the narrative of being a innocent, nice guy who’s never talked negative about an opponent

Whittaker definitely talked some trash before the first fight, he guaranteed it would be one sided, he would make it short and sweet and reiterated that Izzy isn’t as good as he thinks.

Saying it will be one sided, and short and sweet is trash talk?

That's nothing compared to the shit Izzy pulls.

Izzy was shit talking Rob before their fight too.

Can we stop with the narrative of being a innocent, nice guy who’s never talked negative about an opponent

There's a difference between thinking you're going to win a fight by blowout or calling someone a "cu_t" and verbally attacking them at every opportunity. I'm not saying Bobby is a Saint, but Izzy is non stop and it's kind ridiculous at this point.

Also, looking at your av, I'm pretty sure what you're thinking, lol.

And I don't even dislike Izzy like everyone here does. I find myself defending the guy and his ability.

Back