Whittaker confirms he wants Izzy next, March/April

Can Whittaker even make 205? He didn't look like a shredded specimen at all during his weigh-in against Cannonier and his cage weight is probably less than the LHW limit.

Romero weighs like 208 while Costa sits around 213. Dunno how much Whittaker weighs in there but it's possible that he doesn't even have to cut weight to make 205, which would make him a tiny LHW by today's standards.

"Cut a bit to make LHW"

More like 5lbs at most <Lmaoo>

Why would he call out Izzy 3-4 months from now when Izzy has an unscheduled bout ahead? Rob should be calling out someone like Costa for March. Izzy will likely fight next in July 2021 after Jan.
Little point calling out Costa for the time being, if Adesanya beats Jan he'll likely be chasing Jones and would end up giving up the MW strap. I don't mind Adesanya fighting Jan but it really should have been in late December/early January, now whatever happens the MW strap won't be on the line until likely July/August at the earliest next year.

I agree by the way, LHW is slow AF compared to him.

He might be a bit small though, although he puts on muscle really nicely.
I agree, his speed (and cardio) would be immaculate there!

The size difference seems crazy, but as you said, he could possibly put on some muscle but even without, he's a great anti-wrestler, so he might not even need it.

Little point calling out Costa for the time being, if Adesanya beats Jan he'll likely be chasing Jones and would end up giving up the MW strap. I don't mind Adesanya fighting Jan but it really should have been in late December/early January, now whatever happens the MW strap won't be on the line until likely July/August at the earliest next year.
You really think UFC will strip him if he were to fight Jones? Theyd book him as a double champ star. Rob has a history of being inactive.

I agree, his speed (and cardio) would be immaculate there!

The size difference seems crazy, but as you said, he could possibly put on some muscle but even without, he's a great anti-wrestler, so he might not even need it.
Ýeah, I wouldn't want him to spend much time up there, because honestly he is a tad small at MW. But I think he could be a problem because of how fast he is, and I agree, his cardio sets him apart at LHW.

Can Whittaker even make 205? He didn't look like a shredded specimen at all during his weigh-in against Cannonier and his cage weight is probably less than the LHW limit.

Romero weighs like 208 while Costa sits around 213. Dunno how much Whittaker weighs in there but it's possible that he doesn't even have to cut weight to make 205, which would make him a tiny LHW by today's standards.

"Cut a bit to make LHW"

That's literally still cutting weight you dingus.

That's literally still cutting weight you dingus.
The problem would be that he'd be too small compared to the rest of the 205s. He's not even that big of a MW, so the size difference is a problem, unless he wants to just face Izzy at that weight and then move back down (if he loses).

The problem would be that he'd be too small compared to the rest of the 205s. He's not even that big of a MW, so the size difference is a problem, unless he wants to just face Izzy at that weight and then move back down (if he loses).
Not disagreeing with the fact he is too small for LHW, I'd be fine for him to go up there for a 1 or 2 fight shot. But MW is his home.
In Freestyle wrestling Rob competes at 213lbs too just FYI.

Izzy is one of the most active fighters on the books. I wouldn’t be surprised if he fights Jan before the end of the year.l, and turns around and fights again 3-4 months later.

"Cut a bit to make LHW"

Whittaker walks around at 225lbs. He wrestled at 213lbs and that's his fight shape. He's a big guy

Bobby knucklez def had earnt a rematch with Izzy now.

would be interesting seeing him at 205.

Izzy is one of the most active fighters on the books. I wouldn’t be surprised if he fights Jan before the end of the year.l, and turns around and fights again 3-4 months later.
Pretty sure its not Izzy thats the problem when it comes to scheduling this fight, Jan wants it in March...

anyone calling Dana a liar obviously didnt see the scrum.

he directly said he wasnt asking for it.

"im not stoked to fight him... im not thinking about it, he shouldnt think about it... he can go up to light heavyweight..."

DANA SAID HE WANTED THIS FIGHT.

WHITTAKER DIRECTLY SAID HE DID NOT.

Whitaker is a pretty big star in Australia and has lots of sponsors. He is a pretty simply family guy and financially I am sure he is doing pretty well esp for his lifestyle. He doesn't need to rush into a fight when he could spend the time with his family before being a dad again.

Dana lies all the time but not this time. Lack of calling someone out is the same as not wanting it not to mention Rob said it in a round about way too.

Is he talking about Izzy here or about himself potentially moving up?

Because personally, i think Whittaker could do very well at 205
it's pretty much unheard of for someone who fought at 170 to fight at 205 (at least at a high level). Rumble is the only example I can think of but him fighting at 170 was ridiculous.

He shouldn’t even have had to have cleared things up, he was very clear in what he said the first time- the only cunt that misinterpreted what he meant is Dana, go figure.

Back