We need a moment of silence for Izzy

XociDe

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He is coping hard af again on social media and pretending like he has the upper hand because he has one W over Pereira.

In 2 years, Pereira chased Izzy down and took his belt, brutally KO'd the guy who whooped Izzy (Strickland), became a two division champ (something Izzy tried and failed to do), beat the guy who beat Izzy at LHW (Jan), and is generally far more liked and respected than Izzy. I've never seen a mogging like it in the fight game.

"I sleep good", he says. We all know Pereira haunts his dreams.

85vd8w.jpg

"I sleep good", he says. We all know Pereira haunts his dreams.

Judging by this thread, your dreams are far more haunted than either of them.

Also, isn't it Pereira who just begged to fight Adesanya?

<JagsKiddingMe> <36>

Losing to a guy that he thought he was so much better than (in his own specialty) had to have been a shock to his system.

he thought he had that fight in the bag SO BAD

look at his demeanor during the entrance, he thought he was going to play with Strickland

We need a moment of violence from Izzy
He didn't do anything against Sean

he thought he had that fight in the bag SO BAD

look at his demeanor during the entrance, he thought he was going to play with Strickland
Yup, to his credit most other people thought the same. The pressure Sean put on him for the duration of that fight was glorious. Especially the end of the fight, he had Izzy running scared. I think if Izzy could have jumped the fence he would have. Ha

Adesanya seems like a decent guy until he starts running his mouth. Liked him early on, but now I'm indifferent about him. Good fighter, not great.

Izzy will keep tweeting about his last win against Alex for the next 4 years lol

yeah but at least Pereira did what Adesanya tried to do and that is something Alex can brag.

If Adesanya wants to waste 3 years of his already declining prime that's his choice.

I think there is basically zero chance Izzy ever faces Alex again.

Izzy is fine. He got his get back against Alex. The fans are more bothered by those fights than he is. If anything Izzy is probably happy to have someone he has a decent chance at beating as the champ. Better than a big grappler for sure.

Losing to a guy that he thought he was so much better than (in his own specialty) had to have been a shock to his system.
What’s mental about it also is Adesanya had every single advantage a fighter could want leading. Strickland against all odds absolutely dominated Israel, I had Israel by boring decision but Strickland won me over fight week and it a always nice seeing a underdog in both fighting & life win.

Back