Whittaker confirms he wants Izzy next, March/April

Chael_Sonnen

I'm the reason Waldo is hiding.
@Black
Reaction score

Cliffs:
Wants Izzy next, whether its at LHW or MW.

Wants it around march/april, and wants that timeline because he has a newborn coming in January. March at the earliest, obviously could do later than April as well.

Dana never talked to him, never reached out, never offered him a fight.

Is surprised/confused by how Dana misinterpreted/twisted his words.

He feels he earned the Izzy fight by winning over Jared and Till.

He would still have to cut a bit to get to LHW.

Feels the ONLY logical fight is Izzy, because he has defended his number one contender ship twice, and the Adesanya fight is the only one he is interested.

Knows he has to change his gameplan for Izzy, knows it will be a tough fight. He knows he can't go into the fight without changing stuff and expect a different result.

Hates rewatching the fight with Izzy, thinks it was a terrible fight (On his part).

Thinks Izzy will beat Jan.

Last edited:
Why would he call out Izzy 3-4 months from now when Izzy has an unscheduled bout ahead? Rob should be calling out someone like Costa for March. Izzy will likely fight next in July 2021 after Jan.

Why would he call out Izzy 3-4 months from now when Izzy has an unscheduled bout ahead? Rob should be calling out someone like Costa for March. Izzy will likely fight next in July 2021 after Jan.
He has earned his shot at Izzy with consecutive wins over top 5 opponents.
He simply means March/April at the earliest.

Would still have to cut a bit to get to LHW.
Is he talking about Izzy here or about himself potentially moving up?

Because personally, i think Whittaker could do very well at 205

Not happening, Izzy is likely gonna fight Jan in Feb or March.

Once he wins were getting Izzy/Jones summer 2021.

Last edited:
Whittaker at 205 for the Izzy fight would be awesome. The likelihood of it happening is next to nil, but an interesting thought nonetheless.

Izzy likes to stay active, so maybe the Jan fight takes place in Feb/March and Whittaker fights him in May/June.

I am glad that Whittaker spelled it out for anyone doubting he wanted the Izzy fight. In no way shape or form did he ever say that he did not want the fight and Dana saying Dana-things had people doubting The Reaper's drive to fight for the title.

VJnQGkF.png

The Izzy/Jones fight could be a moot point if Jan pulls the upset.

Lol at Rob

Its his own damn fault, when he made those lackadaisical comments about the rematch I legit was like wtf is this guy doing. It really gave the impression that he didn’t want the rematch, and im sure Dana was thinking same thing. People that get embarrassed like he did are screaming out for a rematch. To be so casual about it was so weird, its his own fault they passed him up

Well then Izzy should give up his belt. He can't just hold up a division if he knows he is staying at LHW.
If he wants to defend both that's fine by me, but he needs to do it properly, defending both belts at least 1.5 times a year.

Why would he take the risk of fighting a dangerous competitor when he's done enough to earn the rematch vs Adesanya? Calling Israel out is the right thing to do for him, although he made a mistake by waiting too long after his last win as we get this whole Blachowicz vs Adesanya nonsense now instead. Had he called Izzy out earlier, it's likely we would be looking at Izzy vs Bobby in early 2021 now. Then again, maybe he saw this coming and wants more time to prepare anyway, but he needs to call Adesanya out to solidify his claim to a title fight now. Cause sadly that's a more effective way to get one in the UFC nowadays than just relying on rankings and victories.

Personally, I think Whittaker could get his ass kicked very well at 205

I agree by the way, LHW is slow AF compared to him.

He might be a bit small though, although he puts on muscle really nicely.

He has earned his shot at Izzy with consecutive wins over top 5 opponents.
He simply means March/April at the earliest.
I just dont know why he'd call someone out who has an unscheduled but confirmed fight. He should stay active and try to fight someone else around the same time. Theres a high possibility that Izzy will fight Jon if he wins. If Rob gets another win in the meantime; things could be different.

before fighting Izzy , Whittaker remained inactive for nearly a freaking year and a half.
while izzy has fought eight times in the same timeframe as Whittaker’s two fights.
they should keep him away from the belt as far as possible.

Back