White woman calls cops on black man babysitting white kids

Was it right for the lady to call the police in this situation?

• Total voters
I read this story and it was fucked up but also...not fucked up.

On one hand, it's good that people are keeping an eye out for children in unsafe spaces. And it's super good that cops investigate these things to make sure kids are safe.

On the other hand, it's fucked up that the thing that drove this woman to call the cops is that the kids were white and adult was black. As if black people, who have a long history of domestics work, in this country can't be babysitting white kids as a normal part of a program. It's also really sexist because if it was a black woman, she probably wouldn't have looked into it.

Literally, every time I see a black woman carrying white kids or feeding them or pushing them in a stroller, I just assume she's the nanny and move on with my life.

Anyhoo, fuck this cunt for being racist but double fuck her for being sexist.

Kudos to the cops for handling it appropriately.

I would bet a whole nickel if the guy were white and the 2 kids were black the shitwit who called the police wouldn't have even thought twice about it.

Have you ever considered why you feel this way? It's clear that you see the black kids safer with the white guy. Which is why you said what you said.

I don't think you are racist, but at least you're being real.

... That you have to view everything through the prism of your political beliefs?
Which particular political belief is the prism, here?

It's a parallel demonstrating irrefutable logic as profoundly articulated in Schlink's The Reader; imparting that one is stained by the mere virtue of trial. Accusation raises suspicion; our Peppermint Patty, here, is merely the second step, but minus the accusation. Yet she has already been deeply stigmatized as a "racist" in this thread. Wielding suspicion is a matter of poliical stigma. Yet for one liberals demand society "listen and believe" while for the other they clearly expect society to listen and condemn in order to suppress similar future alarms of suspicion. Aperson can't step outside of themselves. If one is subconsciously racist, it doesn't occur to him or her, "I'm being racist". Nothing about this act itself demonstrates that she believes blacks are inherently inferior people.

In both cases, we the listeners are entirely without evidence until we investigate. Why is one investigation demanded while the other is stigmatized?

I mean....definitely keep an eye out for children......on the other hand it’s pretty retarded to call the cops on people who are just eating, shopping or doing other normal activities....obviously.

White folks are the minority in Atlanta.
I thought everyone knew that.
Atlanta = Detroit 2.0

City of Atlanta proper, but that is a small part of what most people call Atlanta.

I wonder if there is more to this story than the article shows, I wonder if there were other factors that lead this woman to believe these kids might not know the sitter. These people live in Atlanta, this bitch should have plenty of experience dealing with blacks to be calling cops on a random black dude driving around with white kids in his car.

It appears pretty racist, obviously, superficially, that she apparently derived this sense of alarm entirely from a black man with two kids. Typically you can tell if kids are acting alarmed/strange. I don't know why she would think he would be walking around with kidnapped children in the open (yes, I'm aware of extreme outliers, but that's silly).

At the same time, imagine he wasn't black, this lady did the same thing with a white man, for whatever reason, and he refused to allow the children to confirm they knew him and were safe. I think the whole police call could have been avoided if he just placated the hysterical lady. I wouldn't want to be harassed this way, and I never have been, when I was with kids, but if someone ever came up and asked me that, I would be confused, and not defensive/indignant; not until after I had time to process what happened, after I gathered the kids into the car, and sat there stewing behind the wheel wondering what about me would cause someone to suspect I was a predator.

I don't see it as "right" or "wrong". It was someone following their conscience as a vigilant citizen. The shape her conscience took revealed an unsavory, underlying psychology. Yet it required only a brief investigation, and posed no real threat to the man.

Perhaps many on the left will read this and can come to comprehend how irritating it can be to have someone cast accusations at you without any evidence, yes? In fact, unlike Blasey Ford, this lady didn't even allege anything. Imagine if this lady expected the cops to arrest this man, or preemptively take away the children before they could confirm conclusively with the parents he was their custodian, despite that lack of evidence?

Food for thought to anyone who didn't support the confirmation of Kavanaugh.

No caregiver in their right mind should allow a stranger who is creeping them to speak to children they are in charge of.

Which particular political belief is the prism, here?
Your use of "the left" kind of gives that away, don't it

. If one is subconsciously racist, it doesn't occur to him or her, "I'm being racist". Nothing about this act itself demonstrates that she believes blacks are inherently inferior people.
One can indeed be motivated by racist preconceptions without knowing it, but that doesn't excuse it, merely explains it.

People can also be motivated by racist notions without assuming inferiority. Lots of racists are unknowing, (or unwilling to admit it to themselves) who simply think social arrangements ought to be so because it's the natural order of things or whatever.

This thinking is inherently a facet of socially conservative thought, but I wouldn't ascribe it to the right, or even conservative ideology, laying a blanket over the whole.

No caregiver in their right mind should allow a stranger who is creeping them to speak to children they are in charge of.
Exactly, i worked as in a Big brother program before and that was a very clear rule on the contract.

Your use of "the left" kind of gives that away, don't it
It actually describes the partisan breakdown of the confirmation vote on Kavanaugh (reflecting a similar civilian breakdown outside the court). This is tangible, not philosophical.
One can indeed be motivated by racist preconceptions without knowing it, but that doesn't excuse it, merely explains it.

People can also be motivated by racist notions without assuming inferiority. Lots of racists are unknowing, (or unwilling to admit it to themselves) who simply think social arrangements ought to be so because it's the natural order of things or whatever.

This thinking is inherently a facet of socially conservative thought, but I wouldn't ascribe it to the right, or even conservative ideology, laying a blanket over the whole.
One can be motivated by many things when casting allegations. I agree, though, that this doesn't justify it or excuse it, and it justifies even less the demand for sympathy to that allegation in a vacuum of any compelling evidence.

The considerations of the unheard victims are not being appropriately weighed and balanced against libel of the (falsely or baselessly) accused. Why is that? The answer is obvious; the power it bequeaths to attack a particular ethnic and gender among our population. Is that not the precise concern with the deleterious potential for unconscious racism?

If the liberals who are clearly driving #metoo want to pretend that the movement is about securing greater justice they need to pretend they care about that. Otherwise, outcry over incidents like this amount to disingenuous hypocrisy.

I think it was more a male of a different race thing than straight up racism. I'm white and have had the cops called on me while I was watching my niece at a park, she is mixed.

I don't know all the particulars in this instance, but lots of women are hyper-vigilant when they see a lone man interacting with a child. I don't know if it's a bad or good thing, tbh. Safety first I suppose.

If you can call anybody racist, it's a person who stalks down and calls the cops on a black man just because he's with white kids. It's fucking okay to call that person racist.

My friend's wife is a Daycare provider. She's great with the kids. She's a medium skinned black woman and often takes her Daycare kids with her shopping. It's funny to see her pushing a stroller with a blonde haired, blue eyed white boy in it and other white kids in tow. When people ask about the kids she replies "These are my babies." Everyone has left her alone so far.

Back