White: Velasquez vs Dos Santos III could be a while away

Give JDS one fight, say Barnett if he signs, then have him face Cain.

That would only be fair.

You sure have a strange sense of fair. I'm sure they'll be other guys that are working their ways up the ranks that should get a shot first by then.

Fuck that. Cain only had to win 1 fight before facing JDS in a convincing finish. JDS deserves to win 1 fight and have a rubber rematch.

Hell Fucking No

funny+animated+wallpaper-5.gif

You sure have a strange sense of fair. I'm sure they'll be other guys that are working their ways up the ranks that should get a shot first by then.

Did you forget all the fights JDS had to go through to get there? He just lost. He's not far back. That's how it always has been.

Cain only needed one, and JDS' overall resume is better than his.

I'm all for JDS getting a quick rematch so we can hurry up and put this nonsense to rest. Cain is the better fighter. Period.

Haha oh Dana.

He already has plenty of Brazilian champs .. I wonder why Cain got a rematch with a win over a guy coming off a KO loss.

Did you forget all the fights JDS had to go through to get there? He just lost. He's not far back. That's how it always has been.

Cain only needed one, and JDS' overall resume is better than his.

Since when do you see contenders lose to the champ and only need one win to get back into a Championship fight?!? It may happen but it sure isn't common, nor should it be. JDS got destroyed in 5 rounds, if he can beat about 3 more guys then give him another shot...not just ONE fight then a championship. What sense does that make!?

How would that be any different to Cain and his title path #2

Haha oh Dana.

He already has plenty of Brazilian champs .. I wonder why Cain got a rematch with a win over a guy coming off a KO loss.

Because Overeem pissed hot and was put on suspension. JDS merked Frank Mir. Who was left? Werdum coming off a win over Mike Russow?

People questioning Cain's rematch are completely void of logic and reason. Especially considering how Cain ended up ripping JDS apart.

Because Overeem pissed hot and was put on suspension. JDS merked Frank Mir. Who was left? Werdum coming off a win over Mike Russow?

People questioning Cain's rematch are completely void of logic and reason. Especially considering how Cain ended up ripping JDS apart.

Excuses. Don't dodge the facts.

The outcome of the rematch has no bearing on how deserving he was of a rematch.

How are they excuses? Overeem was unavailable. Frank Mir was given the shot and lost. Who was left? Don't dodge the facts.

How would that be any different to Cain and his title path #2

For one, because Dana got his wish. He now can sale the hell out of a PPV in Mexico with Cain as he talked about from the business stand point.

Secondly, after that huge beat down hardly anybody wants to see a 3rd fight that quick but JDS fanatics.

Thirdly, there's a different between the masses wanting to see and be hyped for a rematch than a 3rd rematch (rubber-match). You don't constantly set these things up so quickly, especially after such a poor showing from one of the fighters.

As tkotom pointed out, Cain got the exact same.

So how isn't it fair?

For one, because Dana got his wish. He now can sale the hell out of a PPV in Mexico with Cain as he talked about from the business stand point.

Secondly, after that huge beat down hardly anybody wants to see a 3rd fight that quick but JDS fanatics.

Thirdly, there's a different between the masses wanting to see and be hyped for a rematch than a 3rd rematch (rubber-match). You don't constantly set these things up so quickly, especially after such a poor showing from one of the fighters.

Like getting knocked unconscious isn't any worse than a decision beatdown.

blah blah blah

Cain getting the shot after 1 fight voids anything you have to say here. You're trying to argue pointless BS. You can't change the fact that Cain only had to fight once.

Agreed but keep in mind, this is arguably the thinnest division in the sport. The same rules we have elsewhere don't necessarily apply to HW. There is literally a handful of elite high caliber guys in the division, so quick rematches are way more likely to happen.

I wasn't a big fan of Cain getting the rematch so soon but with Overeem suspended and Dos Santos having laid waste to most other available guys, there wasn't many moves to make.

Cormier being pointlessly tied up in SF didn't help, but it looks as though that will all be over with shortly.

Regarding a rubber match... Dos Santos really only needs one convincing win to get a title shot, two at most. He's head and shoulders above most of the guys on the roster so there isn't much point in making him devastate a boatload of dudes below his pay grade.

Cain getting the shot after 1 fight voids anything you have to say here. You're trying to argue pointless BS. You can't change the fact that Cain only had to fight once.

Tell me who was a more viable option than Cain.

Back