White: Velasquez vs Dos Santos III could be a while away

MMAfanWA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
According to a USA Today report, UFC president Dana White says the rubber match between Cain Velasquez (11-1) and Junior Dos Santos (15-2) could be a while away. Velasquez won a convincing unanimous decision against Dos Santos on the weekend to reclaim his heavyweight championship. The two-time champ pressured

I don't want to see this rematch, yet.
I want to see Alistair Overeem win against Bigfoot and then fight Cain next.
Junior has to fight 1 good opponent to get his chance against Cain again, someone like Hunt or Werdum.

Good. I don't really understand how JDS has any basis for an immediate rematch after that fight. Especially when you consider Reem is long overdue for his titleshot, and Dana just promised Werdum a TS if he beats Nog, which I think he will. And that's not even counting the possibility of Cormier fighting for the title.

Fuck that. Cain only had to win 1 fight before facing JDS in a convincing finish. JDS deserves to win 1 fight and have a rubber rematch.

Yeah JDS needs a few (at least one) before Cain.

Overeem is next after he decimates Bigface

I didn't think Cain should have gotten a title shot after 1 fight, and I don't think JDS should either. JDS should have to beat 2 top 10 guys again before getting a shot. I really think it will benefit JDS to fight someone with Cain's style to better adjust his style to fight against that style.

Yeah JDS probably needs two wins to get another shot.

Cain has Reem and possibly Werdum to fight first so if JDS gets two solid wins next year he could get another title shot at the end of the year.

I expect Cain vs Reem on Memorial Day then Werdum gets winner in early fall, maybe JDS gets a rematch early 2014.

Cain shouldn't have been allowed to rematch JDS so soon but I agree. Rematches should be very spread out to begin with.

Give them 3-5 fights more at the least first.

As a huge JDS fan, I say he needs to fight someone else first. He only needs one, but it has to be a good win.

Cain shouldn't have been allowed to rematch JDS so soon but I agree. Rematches should be very spread out to begin with.

Agreed, but it happened. Now they've gotta keep things pretty fair.

I'd like to see JDS fight Cormier before he gets another shot at Cain.

I think Cormier would be a great opponent that would force JDS to focus on other areas of his game.

I think if they both win their next two fights, they'll meet again. I still think they're the two best in the division.

Well they wanted Cain to win so is anybody surprised? They got exactly what they wanted out of this.

I guess it would be best for business for Cain, JDS, and Overeem to do the 3-way tango for a bit.

Agreed, but it happened. Now they've gotta keep things pretty fair.

Ehh I don't think so. Would if JDS wins the 3rd fight? 4th fight with any fighters is kind of lame. They need to build the tension so its a crazy collision course everyone wants to see desperately.

While it was the 2 best HW's in MMA they kind of killed the excitement by having it so soon. Shouldn't make that mistake again.

Thank goodness, let JDS re-work his way back up. He got demolished so no need for the rubber match until he fights up to it or Cain loses the belt they just meet after that.

*****aaAAHHHH! Jds just got his ass beat from 1st to 5th round! Back of tha line home girl!!

Give JDS one fight, say Barnett if he signs, then have him face Cain.

That would only be fair.

Ehh I don't think so. Would if JDS wins the 3rd fight? 4th fight with any fighters is kind of lame. They need to build the tension so its a crazy collision course everyone wants to see desperately.

While it was the 2 best HW's in MMA they kind of killed the excitement by having it so soon. Shouldn't make that mistake again.

I'm lost here?

If JDS wins the 3rd fight, then JDS wins the 3rd fight. That's 2 of 3. Just as if Cain wins the 3rd.

I agreed with that part, hence why I said I agree lol. All I was implying was, they've already rushed it too much. You can't drag it out too long now.

*****aaAAHHHH! Jds just got his ass beat from 1st to 5th round! Back of tha line home girl!!

64 seconds.

deal-with-it.gif

Back