White: Velasquez vs Dos Santos III could be a while away

I am anxious to see all of these top guys fight so if JDS gets on a winning streak again it will happen, question is how many, 2 I would think.

I thought it was a given that Overeem (should he beat Silva) is next in line.

I don't know who JDS fights next, though it probably won't be for another 4-6 months or so. Werdum is doing TUF so.... import Strikeforce talent quickly and get a fight with Kharitonov (crossed fingers!) or Barnett?

My point was that even a gassed Carwin almost subbed JDS.

Fair enough. But You cannot denied that JDS has solid wrestling. Even if Carwin was gassed, he still would not had been slam around like that by just anyone. JDS's wrestling is evident with how he was stuffing Cain's takedown attempts before he got caught.

JDS is one dimensional also. There is nothing about JDS fights that tell me he would be successful in doing anything to Hunt while on the ground. Fedor had a hard time subbing Hunt but pulled it off, but not before Hunt almost tore his arm off attempting a sub himself.

So by that logic, JDS would maybe lose to James Toney, since Toney lasted almost three minutes longer against Couture than Hunt against McCorkle, and since Toney defended a top mount GnP and the first arm triangle choke attempt by Couture. JDS is one dimensional in his approach, but he can wrestler and has BJJ skills. He has one submission win in his record. Hunt has none. Yet Hunt has been submitted six time, JDS only once.

I like Hunt. I like his style of fighting. But Hunt is a Boxer with limited ground skills. Fedor's fight just proved that if Hunt were to stick to really training effective grappling that he can adapt even better into MMA.

There is plenty of logical reason to consider it a fluke considering Cain came back and mopped the floor with him like an amateur. Matt Serra had knocked people out before he did it to GSP too. Your argument fails on every single level.

no, YOUR argument fails. Serra's first ever T/KO was GSP. get your facts straight smart guy.

Don't blame him, JDS needs to show a much improved game. When Cain came back, he DOMINATED Big Foot Silva. JDS needs to do the same in his next fight, wonder who it will be. I'd like to see JDS vs. Hunt.

I agree that it should be a while, but Dana's reason of "JDS got beat up" is a dumb one. Cain got knocked out in 64 seconds but that didn't keep him from getting another shot after 1 fight...

You don't consider a bit over a year to be a while?

Don't blame him, JDS needs to show a much improved game. When Cain came back, he DOMINATED Big Foot Silva. JDS needs to do the same in his next fight, wonder who it will be. I'd like to see JDS vs. Hunt.

Hunt is not top ten and is one dimensional.

I like Hunt too but that fight should not be the path to JDS getting a title rematch.

Knowing that there is what, maybe 5 legit heavyweights who could be near a shot, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a shot this November.

no, YOUR argument fails. Serra's first ever T/KO was GSP. get your facts straight smart guy.

You get 'YOUR' facts straight, dumb guy. Cain mopped the floor with JDS and is a vastly superior fighter.

Fuck that. Cain only had to win 1 fight before facing JDS in a convincing finish. JDS deserves to win 1 fight and have a rubber rematch.

Fuck that. At the time there were no other contenders sense Overeem was out. Now Werdum is back in the mix which atlest makes it four guys instead of two.

Fuck that. At the time there were no other contenders sense Overeem was out. Now Werdum is back in the mix which atlest makes it four guys instead of two.

Nah, Cain was going to get a rematch anyways. Overeem fight was scheduled in May if Cain beat Mir he would've still fought after that.

I completely agree, the HW division has quite a few guys at the top. JDS is going to need at least 2 solid wins before we could think of a rematch.

I didn't think Cain should have gotten a title shot after 1 fight, and I don't think JDS should either. JDS should have to beat 2 top 10 guys again before getting a shot. I really think it will benefit JDS to fight someone with Cain's style to better adjust his style to fight against that style.

Agreed.

If Cain still has the belt after Overeem.

i think jds will have to beat 3-4 people - then get the shot. by that time, cain may not even be champion.

jds is best way to a title shot is if somehow allister beats cain.

Nah, Cain was going to get a rematch anyways. Overeem fight was scheduled in May if Cain beat Mir he would've still fought after that.

Nah, Cain was the ONLY available option.

Five days in and you are still laughably consumed by butthurt.

Lol you voted for Cain as the next guy to lose his title too. How fucking sad you are. XD

Nah, Cain was the ONLY available option.

Five days in and you are still laughably consumed by butthurt.

Lol you voted for Cain as the next guy to lose his title too. How fucking sad you are. XD

Nah, go look it up the Winner of Velasquez vs Frank Mir would have gotten the next title shot if Overeem fought JDS.

As a matter of fact I'll post it because you're to lazy to look it up.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/03/cain-velasquez-vs-frank-mir-title-eliminator-added-to-ufc-146

Cain will lose that title. Guaranteed.

I'd prefer JDS wins 2-3 fights first, mainly because he has some work to do if he wants to compete with Cain aside from a quick KO and that will take a bit of time.

Back