White: Velasquez vs Dos Santos III could be a while away

Good. I don't really understand how JDS has any basis for an immediate rematch after that fight. Especially when you consider Reem is long overdue for his titleshot, and Dana just promised Werdum a TS if he beats Nog, which I think he will. And that's not even counting the possibility of Cormier fighting for the title.

Problem: Werdum isn't fighting Nog until June. So he's out unless you want a 9-10 month layoff for Cain.

If Overeem wins, he should get the next shot, but what if he loses? If a Cain/JDS rematch is unappealing to some, how about a Cain/Bigfoot rematch? Assuming Cormier maintains his current position, all it would take is for Overeem to lose and all of a sudden Cain has nobody to fight, and JDS starts feeling a bit more realistic.

Personally, I expect JDS and Cain to be the best two heavyweights in the world for a while now, so I hope it gets spaced out a bit, but we'll see. Heavyweight can be so barren.

Fuck that. Cain only had to win 1 fight before facing JDS in a convincing finish. JDS deserves to win 1 fight and have a rubber rematch.

I think that should be dictated by the rest of the division. JDS should get the rubber match when he's the best option available. An Overeem loss or injury could make that very soon. Or maybe it's 3 fights from now, after Cain beats Overeem and Werdum. It all depends. Cain got a quick shot because "Who else?"

Problem: Werdum isn't fighting Nog until June. So he's out unless you want a 9-10 month layoff for Cain.

If Overeem wins, he should get the next shot, but what if he loses? If a Cain/JDS rematch is unappealing to some, how about a Cain/Bigfoot rematch? Assuming Cormier maintains his current position, all it would take is for Overeem to lose and all of a sudden Cain has nobody to fight, and JDS starts feeling a bit more realistic.

Personally, I expect JDS and Cain to be the best two heavyweights in the world for a while now, so I hope it gets spaced out a bit, but we'll see. Heavyweight can be so barren.

I think that should be dictated by the rest of the division. JDS should get the rubber match when he's the best option available. An Overeem loss or injury could make that very soon. Or maybe it's 3 fights from now, after Cain beats Overeem and Werdum. It all depends. Cain got a quick shot because "Who else?"

If Cain beats Overeem all it takes is a punch and the fight can go either way.

There is so much to play out in the HW division that would tell the time of the rubber match.

Reem or Werdum are next up, If not both.

JDS may have to fight up to 3 times, Or with losses from Reem & Werdum he may need just another win.

It isn't a difficult fight to see happen because JDS just lost to Cain and I'm sure it will take Cormier sometime to drop down to LHW to fight against John Jones, so why not have them fight against each other in the meantime, not only will it serve as a good test for Junior Dos Santos in his ability to deal with wrestlers but it will also allow Daniel Cormier to make a name for himself in the UFC.

If Cain beats Overeem all it takes is a punch and the fight can go either way.

Right. For sure. I think Overeem and Werdum are both dangerous opponents. Overeem is just plain good while he lasts, and Werdum has this awesome way of making his opponents looks bad because they avoid his guard like the plague, and therefore end up tentative everywhere else.

And of course there's injuries. Cain could tear an ACL and be out for 18 months. Then JDS would probably need a lot of fights.

Haha oh Dana.

He already has plenty of Brazilian champs .. I wonder why Cain got a rematch with a win over a guy coming off a KO loss.

Nice try.

But really, Overeem got busted and Cain filled his spot.

People seem to forget it was originally supposed to be JDS/Reem.

Dana had his hands tied and needed an opponent for JDS .... enter Cain.

reasonable post is reasonable.

the reason cain got a rematch so quick was because overeem fucked up. who else earnd a shot? they gave mir a shot but no right now are in cains, jds, overeems league maybe dc but he still not in the ufc yet

Dana wants Cain to have the belt, it'll be a while before JDS gets a rubber match.

I don't see the problem with a quick rematch.

one fight ended in a 1 min KO
the other was a prolonged 5 rd beating

One last fight to prove which result is more likely 2/3 sounds good to me.

cain broke the myth of jds and he wont ever beat cain again

Cain getting the shot after 1 fight voids anything you have to say here. You're trying to argue pointless BS. You can't change the fact that Cain only had to fight once.

So you just keep going back and forth instead building new contenders all so your guy gets a shot...? No that's not how it should work, sorry. I don't care much for either one of them but they put on good fights but it's not good for business, not fair to the other contenders to wait in line and the majority of fans aren't that anxious after this last fight so let it build back up. Besides a few hardcore fanboys of the loser, not too many people want it this bad and this soon. Think logically if you can't think about it from a business standpoint at least, I know it's hard for a lot of you guys to do but sometimes you gotta do it.

the reason cain got a rematch so quick was because overeem fucked up. who else earnd a shot? they gave mir a shot but no right now are in cains, jds, overeems league maybe dc but he still not in the ufc yet

Your Logic so fucked up. Even if Overeem would've passed his test Cain was getting a title shot if he beat Frank Mir.

Yah yah yah.....ok dana. Junior will KO the next he fights........be line in line for a title shot as soon as Cain vs Overeem is done.

Nice try.

But really, Overeem got busted and Cain filled his spot.

People seem to forget it was originally supposed to be JDS/Reem.

Dana had his hands tied and needed an opponent for JDS .... enter Cain.

Mir filled in for Reem.

Fuck that. Cain only had to win 1 fight before facing JDS in a convincing finish. JDS deserves to win 1 fight and have a rubber rematch.

Not true. He had to fight his way back by fighting Brock, and Bigfoot.

cain broke the myth of jds and he wont ever beat cain again

yeah...unless he lands another hard punch which he is more then capable of doing and its night night for Cain all over again.

Face it! Junior is always one shot away from Ko'ing Cain.....while Cain has to grind out a decision for 25mins. He had his best chance to finish JDS and didnt.

Not true. He had to fight his way back by fighting Brock, and Bigfoot.

What Brock retired. No point. Dana even said the Winner of Mir vs Cain would have the next shot.

Dana is biased it's right there in front of you.

Edgar fighting Aldo for the title and he has one fight in the FW Division and he's coming of of 2 losses.

Chael is fighting for the title and he's coming off a loss.

GSP is fighting Diaz instead of Hendricks because Dana want that fight to happen. If GSP would've called out John Fitch would we have gotten that fight shit no.

Cain V. 2 happened because Cain wants the Mexican communities money.

Back