Law White farmers sue U.S. government over stimulus for 'socially disadvantaged farmers'

So white farmers on welfare are upset someone else is getting welfare now? Lmao Do I got that right?

They’ll win. It’s completely unconstitutional
So what was this then?

“Direct farm loans to Black farmers fell by more than half under the previous administration and just 00.09% of the $26 billion in direct payments to all farmers [under the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program] went to Black farmers under the previous administration,” USDA Spokesperson Matt Herrick told Yahoo Finance. “We know that socially disadvantaged farmers have struggled to fully succeed due to systemic discrimination and a cycle of debt that began decades ago and was only made worse by COVID-19.”

Why? Thats what it means, doesn't it? If its white people being excluded.
Well then wouldn't the whites be the socially disadvantaged? They aren't getting the money. I think socially disadvantaged I think of a person that can't communicate with people well. Jesus, the least assholes these assholes can do is just call it out and say black farmers are getting shit we want.

"socially disadvantaged" being gimmick term to do straight race-based laws without mention race, as it would make that law racist lol

Oof, Biden keeps make racists policies

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...-federal-loan-relief-program-farmers-n1270512

A federal judge in Wisconsin has ordered a temporary halt to a $4 billion federal loan relief program aimed at addressing longstanding inequities for farmers of color after a legal challenge by white farmers who argue the policy discriminates against them.

Judge William Griesbach found in an order issued Thursday that the white farmers "are likely to succeed on the merits of their claim" that the U.S. Department of Agriculture's "use of race-based criteria in the administration of the program violates their right to equal protection under the law."

"Socially disadvantage".
Lol. Like they're out there giving money to stutterers and autists.

I just don't understand what's so damned hard about not including race? The constant division based on race is holding everyone back.

I just don't understand what's so damned hard about not including race? The constant division based on race is holding everyone back.
Can't score enough points without making it about race nowadays.

Divide and conquer
Divide and suffer is more like it. We've been conditioned to hate one another based on religion/race/sexual preference/political affiliation for so long that we've all seemingly lost sight of the fact that we're being abused by an elitist government and they do this to us so we won't fight back against them united while they live corrupt lives of excess on our backs.

Farmers are now fighting back! white farmers are now suing over the stimulus for Biden's admin discrimination based bill which only gives stimulus for socially disadvantaged farmers.

I say good on the farmers. Racism is Racism and you cant fight racism by imposing discrimination on whichever race or group of people.

This is also the same Biden admin that claimed that America isn't divided yet the American admin is the one making America more divide by pushing these kind of polices.

White farmers sue U.S. government over stimulus for 'socially disadvantaged farmers'

How does this case compare to the previous Pigford case?
https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/RS20430.html

I think it will be harder to even bring to trial because socially disadvantaged is not in and of itself a suspect class which requires a higher level of scrutiny than rational basis review.

You can be from a poor and rural area, you can be a wounded veteran, you can be blind or other disabled. So does the government have a rational basis for wanting to help these groups? Sure there a plenty of reasons for encouraging self relliance + economic independence as well as many other possible reasons. I doubt you can prove there was a legislative intent to exclude by race or gender.

I'm a Republican too. I just believe you have to work with the law as applied rather than make up something new on the spot each time. Which is why I have a conservative reading of the law and precedent.

Sure seems like it based on what I already posted:

“Direct farm loans to Black farmers fell by more than half under the previous administration and just 00.09% of the $26 billion in direct payments to all farmers [under the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program] went to Black farmers under the previous administration,” USDA Spokesperson Matt Herrick told Yahoo Finance. “We know that socially disadvantaged farmers have struggled to fully succeed due to systemic discrimination and a cycle of debt that began decades ago and was only made worse by COVID-19.”

I wonder how much bill gates is getting in farm welfare since he's the largest private farm owner in the world now or soon will be.

Sure seems like it based on what I already posted:

I wonder how much bill gates is getting in farm welfare since he's the largest private farm owner in the world now or soon will be.
They are complaining about a program that discriminates and excludes them based on their race. I thought we were trying NOT to do this sort of thing in the US.

They are complaining about a program that discriminates and excludes them based on their race. I thought we were trying NOT to do this sort of thing in the US.
But if they were being discriminated and getting an unfair share previously how do you correct that ?

Back