Law White farmers sue U.S. government over stimulus for 'socially disadvantaged farmers'

This is exactly why we need reparations. these farmers are bitching because this is unfair. well blacks have had unfair conditions for hundreds of years! we need to balance things out a little. sorry if you no longer are getting a competitive advantage

Asked about Miller's lawsuit, Boyd noted that "eight out of 10 Blacks in the state of Texas who applied for federal aid were denied. So instead of filing a suit to complain for white farmers, why isn’t he doing something to help Black farmers in his very own state obtain access to credit that USDA and other state agencies where he could be more helpful to farmers of color there?”

Are you implying that the reason 8 out of 10 blacks were denied aid was because of their race?

Does anyone have any idea how shitty it is to be a local farmer? Frankly I find it cruel to be pushing minorities/trying to keep minorities in farming. Everything is moving towards corporate farming, the small farms can't compete, they work way too much, and have to rely on government subsidies to get by much of the time. They have a high net worth but their income is always tied up in operations. Most of the farmers I grew up with sold their land and live a much better life.

Source: 20+ years living in a Midwest farming community.

Per the article in 1920 there were 1 million black farmers. Now there are just under 50,000. Which account for just 1.3% of the population. I’m sure there were no systemic issues that led to the decrease in the number of black farmers. Every black owned farm that was lost to systemic racism is wealth that those family’s were cheated out of for generations. No program will never rectify those losses.
How did he determine that number of 1 million?

"1920-present: In general, the only information from the agricultural censuses readily available for researchers after 1880 are the published bulletins produced by the Bureau of the Census and Department of Agriculture with tabulated results and analysis presented by state and county (no information on individual farms and farmers). Individual farm schedules have generally been destroyed or are otherwise inaccessible, although a few were preserved by state archives or libraries."

https://www.thoughtco.com/agricultural-schedules-united-states-census-1422758

This is exactly why we need reparations. these farmers are bitching because this is unfair. well blacks have had unfair conditions for hundreds of years! we need to balance things out a little. sorry if you no longer are getting a competitive advantage

All those privileged Indiana farmers. Fat cat local farmers with their three bedroom houses and their Chevy Silverados. Filthy white redneck 8 year olds partying in the fields all day to produce food for the country.

Does anyone have any idea how shitty it is to be a local farmer? Frankly I find it cruel to be pushing minorities/trying to keep minorities in farming. Everything is moving towards corporate farming, the small farms can't compete, they work way too much, and have to rely on government subsidies to get by much of the time. They have a high net worth but their income is always tied up in operations. Most of the farmers I grew up with sold their land and live a much better life.

Source: 20+ years living in a Midwest farming community.
I used to be on a Farm believe being and owning farming land and farms in general is tricky.
the small farms can't compete
Well that depends.

Most of the farmers I grew up with sold their land and live a much better life.
Yes i am sure living in a city is a much better life..."No its not"

I hope you are joking.

"permissible uses for laws that discriminate on the basis of race"

^^^ That's you cheerleading racism.
You mean SCOTUS. Try to keep up - that is the standard already used by SCOTUS and still applied today. I'm not cheerleading anything by providing you with information that you clearly didn't have.

This is why I'm asking about your emotional disposition, you seem angry that there is a legal standard and are directing your emotions at the messenger, instead of understanding the information. It's like yelling at your teacher because he taught you something you didn't know.

Show me a subsidy/program that was available that excluded people based on race and I will be right with you protesting it.
its not about what is written, its about what is implemented

Don’t we already pay billions of dollars each year in reparations each year to Black Americans or does none of this taxpayer money count?

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (“TANF”), Food Stamps, Public Housing, Section 8, Medicaid, Affirmative Action and hundreds of other social welfare programs benefit Black Americans more than any other group since Black Americans are more likely to need assistance.

If we want to “rebrand” all social welfare spending to Black Americans as “reparations” I would be supportive of that.

How many pages of people trying to come up with shitty reasons why this isn't racist do we need?

because White farmers and ranchers have long been the recipients of substantial federal subsidies that make it possible for farms to operate and keep food prices relatively inexpensive.

Imagine if your same outrage was pointed at the trump family and all his friends scamming Covid relief for their “businesses.”
Oh, ok so black farmers in modern history are excluded from some grants because of their skin colour? Show me examples.

Do you really think businesses stopped scamming government covid Handouts once Biden was elected? Or that his friends would never do such a thing? Or even worse, you really think before trump, corporations and rich people never scammed government money?

Partisan mouthbreathers these days.. they see half the picture and forcibly block out the other half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back