Which Judge Dredd did you like better, the 1995 or 2012 version?

The 2012 movie was shockingly good. I can still watch that movie over and over and enjoy it. The tone was perfect and Urban was spot on, I feel like we randomly get rumors of a sequel or tv series but sadly that talk has all but disappeared from what I've seen.

Haven't seen either, but it's a bit disturbing, yet again that a 90s movie was remade already.

Haven't seen either, but it's a bit disturbing, yet again that a 90s movie was remade already.

In this instance it was more ignoring the previous movie rather than remaking it.

It was kind of the opposite of capitalizing on an old movie IP like Point Break or Poltergeist or Total Recall.

2012 is both a better movie and a much better Judge Dredd adaptation
1995 is rubbish. I was beyond pissed when Dredd removes his helmet, but hey, it's a Stallone film and he is supposed to show his ugly mug. Avoid this piece of cinematic crap like the plague.
6d0.jpg

It's not a remake. It's another, and entirely better, adaption of a comic book character who debuted forty-five years ago(March 1977).

Judge Dredd:
Strong Cast ✓
Comic Relief ✓
Good Visuals ✓

Sylvester Stallone is Judge Dredd, Diane Lane is Judge Hershey, Rob Schneider fills in nicely with the one-liners. A person will like this movie if they are into comic book movie adaptions. Revered officer Dredd is framed and then tried for a crime he did not commit. The plot is very basic yet it works.

Back