Which Judge Dredd did you like better, the 1995 or 2012 version?

The newer one was actually pretty decent I thought but the OG version even tho was shitty had Stslone saying"I am the law" . I'm conflicted

Haven't seen either one but the 95 helmet was better

I get that the 2012 helmet was more faithful to the comics, but when placed on a real human it really becomes clear that it just doesn't work. Karl Urban had no peripheral vision and even his straight forward vision is limited by those big red lines.

Stallone's helmet looks better and more functional.

Judge-Dredd-combo1.jpg

Last edited:
somebody should start NCIS l.a./n.o. / regual/ havaii shows are they needed anymore or what. in 00's ok but now not really. are extremally boring. i would watch NCIS if they would turn it into comedy like BURN NOTICE MARRY JOHNNY ENGLISH. i mean all shows are like this but ncis l.a. and those guy and girl is know it all it would be carma for them to go on mission to jump from plane or chase a two similar and not connected cars and land on wrong building or arrest and secure just random family who was going to beach for weekend LOL. i can not start a tread but NCIS ALL OF THEM SHOULD BE NEW TREAD AND TO SEE IF IS WORTH WATCHING OR FILMING IT ANYMORE

I used to buy 2000 AD back in the 80s, so for a fan like me, the Stalone version was an abomination.
Just as the Jack Reacher movies were with little Tom Cruise.
Just as 1963's Dr. No would have been had they cast, say, John Wayne or Cary Grant as 007.

I liked both but the 2012 is better.

I love both pretty much equally.

2012 was closer to the comic but I can understand that 1995 didn't have the market for gritty violent comic adaptations.....

1995 one gave birth to this. So I like 1995 one better. <BC1>
It's irritating the first time you listen to its entirety, but I have since replay it for over a dozen time since years ago.

The 2012 one is probably better overall but the first half of the Sly one is actually very good, falls to pieces after that though.

Demolition man beats both... Just had to redeem Sly with that.

1995 Judge Dredd was pretty bad even amongst 90s action flicks.

2012 Dredd was far superior.

This is what I grew up with. So I have to say that the 2012 version comes the closest to that dark and gritty atmosphere that I like.
ZNzvAF9JLeaW2GQiJnWbj6.jpg

2012 for sure. Those who liked that should check out turbo kid.

95 was comical exaggeration in a kind of neat clean sci fi environment. They did a good job in that but everything was meant to be a beer&bretzels easy going 90s movie bathing in cliche and overacting. Dredd was more of a cheesy superhero in an embarrasing costume like out of a fan meeting. Still a movie that worked for what it wanted to achieve. It was a movie to enjoy escapism.

2012 was one of the very few uncompromising action movies in the tradition of Alien...etc.
It avoided cliche and went straight for the gut with fantastic scenery, focused narrative development and violence playing right into the plot and main character. The courage to reduce the movie to this , if you think about it, very minor plot, gave us one hell of a movie.

An alltime goat top10 action movie. Sadly thats why it flopped in cinema and why we wont get a successor. If a movie has any artistic expression nowadays it flops in earnings. It was the uncompromised execution of the writers vision.

2012 for sure. Those who liked that should check out turbo kid.

Turbo Kid was good for sure. It didn't remind me very much of Dredd though.

I think the 2012 version was probably better, with much better action scenes and a better portrayal of Dredd himself, but the 1995 version was more fun. I liked the storyline from the 1995 version more and I liked the characters more overall. Rob Schneider was funny and plus the 1995 version had the hot asian villian lady who was one of my all time favorite crushes from any movie.

View attachment 902859

The 95 version was not even a dredd film. It simply used the likenesses of certain characters at the beginning of the film.

Fucking dog shit.

95 was comical exaggeration in a kind of neat clean sci fi environment. They did a good job in that but everything was meant to be a beer&bretzels easy going 90s movie bathing in cliche and overacting. Dredd was more of a cheesy superhero in an embarrasing costume like out of a fan meeting. Still a movie that worked for what it wanted to achieve. It was a movie to enjoy escapism.

2012 was one of the very few uncompromising action movies in the tradition of Alien...etc.
It avoided cliche and went straight for the gut with fantastic scenery, focused narrative development and violence playing right into the plot and main character. The courage to reduce the movie to this , if you think about it, very minor plot, gave us one hell of a movie.

An alltime goat top10 action movie. Sadly thats why it flopped in cinema and why we wont get a successor. If a movie has any artistic expression nowadays it flops in earnings. It was the uncompromised execution of the writers vision.

While I agree whole heartedly. It also didn't help that its story mimicked "The Raid" which came out the year before. "This is just a Raid rip off.", was a pretty common critique of Dredd after release. Now if I were a betting man, it wouldn't be far fetched of me to say that the Welsh writer of "The Raid" Gareth Evans, got some of his ideas from 2000AD and Judge Dredd, because "The Raid" seems like a rip off of a Judge Dredd "Block Wars" story.

So Dredd was also a victim of bad timing. Things would be much different had Dredd came out first.

Back