Television When was your Game of Thrones breaking point?

Both the first two episodes were some of the worst in the show

Especially the second
Cringe worthy dialogue

I remember the first two episodes of season 8 and knowing, with absolute certainty, that’s they’d fucked it all up.

They had 6 episodes to finish of the entire series which was already an entirely unachievable target. They spent the first 2 of those 6 episodes flying around on dragons and reminiscing about old times.

An episode to build up the battle of winterfell was always on the cards, but they didn’t need two. Besides that, after 7 series of build up, the threat of the white walkers was eliminated in their first real test, south of the wall, by a teenage girl, with almost no major character deaths.

Season 8 was honesty one of the worst things I’ve ever witnessed. Yes, it was on a downward spiral before then, but it was at least a bit rewatchable. Knowing season 8 exists makes almost everything built up in seasons 1-7 feel utterly pointless.

Been waiting to watch til I read the books. Been waiting to read the series til the latest book Is dated for release. Own the series just like to be able to read beginning to end.

I see these threads all the time around "NO ONE talks about GoT anymore!" or "When did it get bad for you?"

And here you are, still talking about "a ruined show" a year later lol. Almost as bad as Star Wars fools who keep complaining about how bad the new movies are yet keep going to see them and giving Disney money.

When I read A Feast For Crows. I knew the show was going to drop in quality because the books fell off a fucking cliff. People like to blame D&D, and act like they raped moms and killed puppies, but I bet GRRM told them he'd have both books done by the time they were going to shoot the later seasons. Blame him just as much as them and blame yourselves for being mad at a goddamn TV show about tits and dragons. Don't be mad because the show didn't end exactly how you wanted.

Been waiting to watch til I read the books. Been waiting to read the series til the latest book Is dated for release. Own the series just like to be able to read beginning to end.

The books will NEVER be finished. It's been almost a decade since book 5 and he still has two more to go! He's either lost all passion for the main story or he's petrified of disappionting people and tainting his legacy. Just read the books and enjoy them for what they are.

Very stupid scene. Flynn was fun but no doubt in my mind he should have been taken out in the season 7 episode 4 battle. In fact, given what they ultimately did with Jaime anyway, I would have been fine with Dany/Drogon taking him out on that episode too.
They should have just left him alone, he wanted a castle, Cersie gave him one to not help Tyrion. He went from rogue sell sword to castle owner and lord. That was his story arc, it was over. They brought him back because he was a fan favorite. I even liked him and glad he didn’t die, but he didn’t need an arc anymore.

They should have just left him alone, he wanted a castle, Cersie gave him one to not help Tyrion. He went from rogue sell sword to castle owner and lord. That was his story arc, it was over. They brought him back because he was a fan favorite. I even liked him and glad he didn’t die, but he didn’t need an arc anymore.

scene between Bronn and Tyrion in season 4, episode 6!is also extremely well done and well acted so would have been a good place for Flynn’s time on the series to end.

Again, I really liked him on the show and was happy to see him stick around through much of the series, but that, as you said, would have been a perfectly logical end point for the character.

Those 2 writers were so smugged, but the show turned to shit when they ran out of book materials to plagiarize.

I don’t think you know what plagiarize means. Also Martin had no plans to actually finish the series.

I see these threads all the time around "NO ONE talks about GoT anymore!" or "When did it get bad for you?"

And here you are, still talking about "a ruined show" a year later lol. Almost as bad as Star Wars fools who keep complaining about how bad the new movies are yet keep going to see them and giving Disney money.

When I read A Feast For Crows. I knew the show was going to drop in quality because the books fell off a fucking cliff. People like to blame D&D, and act like they raped moms and killed puppies, but I bet GRRM told them he'd have both books done by the time they were going to shoot the later seasons. Blame him just as much as them and blame yourselves for being mad at a goddamn TV show about tits and dragons. Don't be mad because the show didn't end exactly how you wanted.

Although I think its actually notable that with Rise of Skywalker people are NOT talking about it, after the first few weeks after release its gotten very little discussion here, just a "meh" and move on.

I do think there is obviously a trend for certain things to become a focus for moaning, basically were the tide of criticism grows strong enough that you can say pretty much anything negative and you won't be disagreed with much. The Starwars prequels seem like the most obvious example of that, not that I don't think there poor films but an aweful lot of bad analysis of them flourished for years because any criticism was viewed as valid, indeed the sequels actually seemed like they were made along the lines of a lot of prequel criticism yet ended up just as flawed.

You see with GOT actually a lot of criticism is quite contradictory, some people hate the second episode of season 8 because "nothing happens", other people criticize the show because it didn't have enough of this kind of interaction in its latter run.

Will you guys stop talking about Game of thrones already

Although I think its actually notable that with Rise of Skywalker people are NOT talking about it, after the first few weeks after release its gotten very little discussion here, just a "meh" and move on.

I do think there is obviously a trend for certain things to become a focus for moaning, basically were the tide of criticism grows strong enough that you can say pretty much anything negative and you won't be disagreed with much. The Starwars prequels seem like the most obvious example of that, not that I don't think there poor films but an aweful lot of bad analysis of them flourished for years because any criticism was viewed as valid, indeed the sequels actually seemed like they were made along the lines of a lot of prequel criticism yet ended up just as flawed.

You see with GOT actually a lot of criticism is quite contradictory, some people hate the second episode of season 8 because "nothing happens", other people criticize the show because it didn't have enough of this kind of interaction in its latter run.

The producers made that problem themselves really.

Episode 2 of season 8 would’ve been good if it a) wasn’t the 5th last episode in the entire series, with so much still left to be resolved and b) was followed by an episode where the main characters, who had just spent and entire episode reminiscing about old times and foreshadowing their own doom, actually died.

Instead we had an episode where they all talked about how hopeless things were, and effectively said their goodbye’s....then all miraculously survived.

I think most of the criticisms of season 8 are absolutely justified tbh. Even an average season would’ve had GoT up there as a very rewatchable, all time great show. They butchered it so badly in the end that it actually managed to diminish a lot of the good work done in the previous seasons.

Knowing season 8 exists makes almost everything built up in seasons 1-7 feel utterly pointless

I'm just rewatching the first 4 seasons, enjoy them, and pretend the other seasons don't exist and I'll have to wait for the books to find out how the story unfolds.

The last 3 seasons (and some episodes in season 5) were such fuckups, I can't even bring myself to want to refresh my memory as to which episodes fucked up.

With the Sand Snakes and Euron it became clear D&D didn't know what to do without the outline of the books. And then Battle of the Bastards was poorly written, but it looked good. Though I wouldn't say any of that was a breaking point as I watched until the end of the series. But I definitely didn't expect much out of the last seasons.

Euron was probably when I realized what this was going to be now. Just way to many I win because the writers want me to win movements with that guy.

The further this show moves into my rearview the angrier I get.

The last season managed to kill all the love I had for what had been one of the greatest shows of all time.

The festering boil of a conclusion belched back in time and poisoned everything growing into it.

Game%2Bof%2BTrolls.jpg

I honestly didn't stop believing until the second to last episode. Then it became obvious there was no way to salvage this.

Last season as a whole was a bucket of shit. When Jorah died I was done.

4 was pushing it, but still decent. As soon as Jaime and Bronn appeared in Dorne the next season, show was done for me. Lost interest and only watched because my girl watched.

It's so funny that everybody just hates the last episode, the show was shit for yeaaaars before that.

I was balls deep/all in until the first 2 episodes of season 8. Then it all fell apart. Just terrible.

After making us wait the extra year for that final season to arrive, and that was the drivel you put out? Fuck off.

When reanimated Dragons started blasting walls down, I knew it'd gotten shit.

Back