Television When was your Game of Thrones breaking point?

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
Sure S5 and 6 slowed down but man battle of bastards and winds of winter were GOAT episodes

Then season 7 got slower

But when Dany burned the Lanister army army with her dragon I was like DAMN

Bron with the big ass crossbow machine

The tension. The scenery. The people on fire. That feeling when the Dothraki stormed in. Drama for all characters on all sides

Seriously the last great scene of the show

The next ep is where the show died for me

After all the buildup to see Dany v cercei suddenly the show super jarringly switches gears to be mantracker of wights

Suddenly the forward momentum of the show stops and it becomes a totally different shows. All characters are working together weirdly. Focus changed. Gendry is back wtf. Suddenly Tyrion is talking to Jamie? Everyone teleports wtf

That episide: eastwatch .... Took me right out of the show.

Dany burning lanisters is the last time my heart beat fast

I always thought when the show concluded I would rewatch it. I planned to for years

I've never had motivation to do it after sucky ending

This show went from everyone talks about it non stop to nobody talks about it ever

Three minutes into the third show I gave up and never looked back.

The last episode I enjoyed was the one where they were all just drinking together in anticipation for the big battle with the Night King. Lots of good dialogue and exposition. Then IMO it shit the bed.

With the Sand Snakes and Euron it became clear D&D didn't know what to do without the outline of the books. And then Battle of the Bastards was poorly written, but it looked good. Though I wouldn't say any of that was a breaking point as I watched until the end of the series. But I definitely didn't expect much out of the last seasons.

When they killed the Holby City guy off in the first 10 minutes of Season 1 Episode 1.

never broke
it wasnt perfect, but i enjoyed it all
best show eva

I had misgivings in season 7 but was okay. Basically halfway through season 8 I realized that things were too far gone. IMO they should have set everything up like this.

Season 8 should have been about dealing with the whitewalkers, culminating with the final battle with them at that castle.

Season 9 should have been dealing with Cersei and storming King's Landing.

Season 10 should have been about dealing with the aftermath of Mad Queen Dany's burning of King's Landing and the political machinations.

Season 5 went off a cliff for me. 6 was better, then 7 was rough and 8 just became formulaic slop. 5 might actually be my least favorite season though, which was jarring as 4 was my favorite season. Such a shame that a show that was really incredible for 4 seasons is now essentially half garbage.

Season 5 went off a cliff for me. 6 was better, then 7 was rough and 8 just became formulaic slop. 5 might actually be my least favorite season though, which was jarring as 4 was my favorite season. Such a shame that a show that was really incredible for 4 seasons is now essentially half garbage.
4 was probably the peak for me, as well. Arya and the Hound's road trip was probably the best part about the show IMO.

4 was probably the peak for me, as well. Arya and the Hound's road trip was probably the best part about the show IMO.

Season 4 episode 1 was my favorite episode. D&D are better directors than writers.

Never watched it.

I always thought it was some lord of the rings type show. There's already 6 movies, I don't care to watch anything else of that genre.

It's started going down hill in the second to last season, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt nonetheless. Then, the entire beginning of the last season, it really went to shit, but again, stupidly, I thought the writers can't be that idiotic and were going to save the show in the last few episodes.

Then... Dany went apeshit and I realized at that moment there's no saving the show. It really pissed me off.

I'd read all the books so I was ok until they ran out. Some of the changes were annoying and made no sense but it wasn't so bad (Lady Stoneheart and Aegon for example). I assumed R+L=J from the books so having that confirmed was good.
It was only really the ending that no one wanted that ruined it a bit but with the way George R. R. Martin kills characters off I guess a great ending was a bit too much to hope for.

I think all the dragon stuff was shit.

Loved the drama before that.

But battles were great up until season 7 tho. Season 8 sucked balls. Too much Daenerys... they should've kill her earlier.

Back