Television When was your Game of Thrones breaking point?

I swear just a few episodes: Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards, and Light of the Seven were keeping this show on life support. It was totally done in s5.

That and the beautiful visuals of S7 masking the bad writing.

Only made 20 minutes through the first episode.
I'm more of a sci fi guy than trolls and wizards.

I know I’m in the minority but season 6 was my favorite season of the entire series. Everyone wants to whine about the “teleporting” but I chose to look at it as a we don’t know how much time is lapsing in between scenes and episodes so it made it more plausible to me.

the only thing that was poorly done in the first 6 seasons was the Dorne plot.

what broke it for me was the season 7 finale. After the prior episode and the dragon going down I was so pumped for that finale...and then literally nothing happened until the final frame where the dragon melts the wall. After that the show went from my all time favorite to a never will watch again. The first two episodes of 8 weren’t terrible in context but considering they crammed what should have been seasons 9 and 10 into the following 4 episodes they are just guilty by association.

I love that millions of people protested and ended up getting Dumb and Dumber fired from their dream star wars job (which is why they rushed GOT to end) and hope they never work again.

Season 7 was when I realized the show wasn't good anymore. The signs were there in season 6.

The episode was fun but everything after it was... yeah.

They gave Thoros, a very VERY periphery character a great send off though.

"Bravest thing I ever saw"
"Not brave... just the drunkest"

Back