When Pride conquered UFC, and the end of the first MMA Golden Age

no, not mad.

rumors, talks, accusations are one thing.

proofs are what we need.

in most case, we won't ever know for sure... but in any sport, whether baseball, boxing, pride, ufc... over even the olympics... there have either been allegations or proof of one form of fixing or another....

such is the human condition of things, people we'll always try to cheat

I get what you mean, but When more than three fighters accuse the org of the same thing it kinda makes me think. Why didn't rampage accuse the ufc of the same thing? He was at odds with them when he left.

LyxqprW.gif

LOL! No it wasn't those guys. They just ran out of gas.

It was another one, a trusted source on here knows the guy. Shared the fight, can't mention names because contracts and trouble and shit.

Different shitty rules. They would have done much better even in a ring soccer kicking, head stumping and kneeing. The absorption by the ufc misted that.

Nope, that doesn't make any sense at all

Why not? The fighters who fought Liddell were approached backstage and were told to go all out against him. Why go backstage and make that distinction with him? Shouldn't they have been trying hard anyway?

LOL! No it wasn't those guys. They just ran out of gas.

It was another one, a trusted source on here knows the guy. Shared the fight, can't mention names because contracts and trouble and shit.

lol....final attempt:

2hgtue1.jpg

Why not? The fighters who fought Liddell were approached backstage and were told to go all out against him. Why go backstage and make that distinction with him? Shouldn't they have been trying hard anyway?

Because Chuck was the representative of their rival organization? :icon_neut

How do you know it wasn't more of a pep talk? e.g. ''He's coming into your house, take him out'' etc

Out of all the retarded shit that's been spewed on this forum... Have you even seen the tournament?

How do you know it wasn't more of a pep talk? e.g. ''He's coming into your house, take him out'' etc

That was exactly the case, Liddell was being promoted as the UFC Assassin coming into Pride to take their Gold and bring it back to the States.

I don't know what you mean.

What was Rampage doing when he was punching Chuck's face in? Whittling wood?

Lol I hope you are going out of your way to miss my obvious point. I mean Liddell was the only one who actually had to fight fighters going at him 100%. Everyone else already knew their part in the tourney. Stop Liddell. Even if they had to go a little easy on each other until their mission was accomplished.

Lol I hope you are going out of your way to miss my obvious point. I mean Liddell was the only one who actually had to fight fighters going at him 100%. Everyone else already knew their part in the tourney. Stop Liddell. Even if they had to go a little easy on each other until their mission was accomplished.

You're on drugs dude.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I remember. Mostly true, but you left out some important facts. Shogun getting owned by Forrest and Crocop getting owned by everyone. Gonzaga took a lot out of the guy and the knee injuries ruined Shogun, but no doubt they clearly weren't leaps and bounds above everyone like we thought.

I do recall Anderson Silva really putting fuel on the fire at the time. He was considered a Pride fighter coming into the UFC and annihilated Leben and Franklin like nothing.

The catch was Silva wasn't considered a great Pride fighter so people starting putting the puzzle together at the time. They knew Silva who went 3-2 in Pride is worlds above the UFC MWs and they knew Chuck Liddell got stopped by Jackson who was in turn beaten by Shogun...Wandy. There was a thought that the legit Pride stars would destory any UFC fighter. That wasn't the case obviously and what we learned at the end of the day was that most of it was just a matter of luck in where a fighter was at in their career when the UFC got them or whatever. UFC got lucky getting Anderson Silva when they did in turn they struck out on CroCop. Idiots try to make conclusions certain guys where never good but they fail to realize that much like any major league pitcher, some guys are just not good season to season. We see it happen all the time in other sports. Literally guys just fall off for some reason or another.

You're on drugs dude.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Even rampage said it was fixed when he said all tourneys were fixed. When someone who was part of the fix fesses up to it but you still say nuh uh. Well I don't know what to tell you.

So Rampage just let Wanderlei slam knees into him? Wow, it's so clear now! Thanks for clearing that up! :icon_lol:

I do recall Anderson Silva really putting fuel on the fire at the time. He was considered a Pride fighter coming into the UFC and annihilated Leben and Franklin like nothing.

The catch was Silva wasn't considered a great Pride fighter so people starting putting the puzzle together at the time. They knew Silva who went 3-2 in Pride is worlds above the UFC MWs and they knew Chuck Liddell got stopped by Jackson who was in turn beaten by Shogun...Wandy. There was a thought that the legit Pride stars would destory any UFC fighter. That wasn't the case obviously and what we learned at the end of the day was that most of it was just a matter of luck in where a fighter was at in their career when the UFC got them or whatever. UFC got lucky getting Anderson Silva when they did in turn they struck out on CroCop. Idiots try to make conclusions certain guys where never good but they fail to realize that much like any major league pitcher, some guys are just not good season to season. We see it happen all the time in other sports. Literally guys just fall off for some reason or another.

You, my friend, understand it.

Also, there is luck in every fight. Everyone gets hit, sometimes you get hit by the wrong guy on the wrong spot. Yes it's mostly skill, but when an unstopable force meets an immovable object, there is some quantum uncertainty going on. Just like finding the location of an electron, it's probability

Even rampage said it was fixed when he said all tourneys were fixed. When someone who was part of the fix fesses up to it but you still say nuh uh. Well I don't know what to tell you.

Rampage is a fucking psychotic, in case you didn't know. He also said The Secret on DVD spoke to him and told him he'd die if he went to sleep.

The works were all pretty well known, even then, and all Rampage could personally confirm was that they offered incentives to make the fight more exciting. "Stand with Cro-Cop, Grapple with Saku, etc etc"

So Rampage just let Wanderlei slam knees into him? Wow, it's so clear now! Thanks for clearing that up! :icon_lol:

Reading comp my friend. I said they went easy on each other UNTIL they accomplished their mission.

Rampage is a fucking psychotic, in case you didn't know. He also said The Secret on DVD spoke to him and told him he'd die if he went to sleep.

The works were all pretty well known, even then, and all Rampage could personally confirm was that they offered incentives to make the fight more exciting. "Stand with Cro-Cop, Grapple with Saku, etc etc"

So discredit the man with a psychological breakdown that happend well after he came clean about pride. All because he said something that makes you feel uncomfortable about your fav organization? Also calling him a "fucking psychotic" fighter bashing?

Which indirectly happens now with the cutting of guys like Shields and Okami, while Hardy and other "bangers" get to stick around. Not the same thing, I know, but subtly similar when it comes to the mentality of the fighter.

Back