When Pride conquered UFC, and the end of the first MMA Golden Age

That was a lot to read so I kinda didn't.

Didn't pride hand pick the winners to their important fights?

Damn ....never knew that....guess that's why Chuck Liddell and Dana got sent packing back to the UFC where the competition was a little more :icon_lol: ......it all makes sense now.

Yup, sorry your fanboy mentality can't open your eyes and mind to the obvious truth

takada versus coleman was likely fixed.

rampage has said they tried to offer him to lose, but he didn't take.

possibly 2-3% like you said... similar to the early days of UFC.

but over all and by enlarge, fights were legit

don't be so quick to jump to insults

hendo a ufc fighter dominated pride so ufc was and always will be better

Yup, sorry your fanboy mentality can't open your eyes and mind to the obvious truth

Oh, please. You guys weren't even here then.

Hey, the aren't the only fight promotion where shady things have happened! Welcome to the fight business guys, it's a circus... you get it? No? Oh OK.

Live_6.png

takada versus coleman was likely fixed.

rampage has said they tried to offer him to lose, but he didn't take.

possibly 2-3% like you said... similar to the early days of UFC.

but over all and by enlarge, fights were legit

It's more than those two fighters that accused pride. Those are the ones we know of rampage also said it Happend a lot, not just that once. We are talking golden age not early days right? I've only heard of two possible fixes in the ufc, and they were early. With all the lawsuits right now I'm sure if it Happend more often we would have heard of it. Don't be mad homie!

Hey guys, can we not turn this into the endless debate on Pride FC's supposed fixes. (a) You guys aren't smart enough to argue about it (b) You guys lack the knowledge of how the Yakuza works in regards to their dealings with DSE. (c) You generally just take grander concepts out of context and apply them to situations you don't understand or assume you do understand.

Let's talk about the good-ole-days with the BS chirping. And for God sakes I don't want to hear anything about Ken Shamrock's supposed leg-lock attempt or supposed dive depending on how you think leglock dives are attempted. We've done this already.

It's more than those two fighters that accused pride. Those are the ones we know of rampage also said it Happend a lot, not just that once. We are talking golden age not early days right? I've only heard of two possible fixes in the ufc, and they were early. With all the lawsuits right now I'm sure if it Happend more often we would have heard of it. Don't be mad homie!

no, not mad.

rumors, talks, accusations are one thing.

proofs are what we need.

in most case, we won't ever know for sure... but in any sport, whether baseball, boxing, pride, ufc... over even the olympics... there have either been allegations or proof of one form of fixing or another....

such is the human condition of things, people we'll always try to cheat

Maybe more?

f2ufcx.jpg

I think Ken just took a bad step, but there have been a few shady fights.

I know of one where the two guys were getting cut or just tired of the shit they put up with, so they went out as a snoozefest, 15 mins of circling... might as well be a fix

Damn ....never knew that....guess that's why Chuck Liddell and Dana got sent packing back to the UFC where the competition was a little more :icon_lol: ......it all makes sense now.

I think Liddell was the only one actually fighting through that tourney, if you know what I mean.

Most fixes are pretty easy to catch. Coleman vs Takada? Fix. Henderson vs Wandy? Not a fix. Arona vs Sakuraba? Not a fix. Fujita vs Coleman..... likely a fix.

Your hate-blinders are making you look stupid.

WTF you talking about I loved Pride, I'm just not one of those asshats that wax nostalgic and only remember the good things, there was a lot of fucked up shit that went on back in the day. Doesn't diminish the joy I got watching their events though but lets be honest about some of that shady shit as well.

I think Liddell was the only one actually fighting through that tourney, if you know what I mean.

I don't know what you mean.

What was Rampage doing when he was punching Chuck's face in? Whittling wood?

WTF you talking about I loved Pride, I'm just not one of those asshats that wax nostalgic and only remember the good things, there was a lot of fucked up shit that went on back in the day. Doesn't diminish the joy I got watching their events though but lets be honest about some of that shady shit as well.

Hey guys, can we not turn this into the endless debate on Pride FC's supposed fixes. (a) You guys aren't smart enough to argue about it (b) You guys lack the knowledge of how the Yakuza works in regards to their dealings with DSE. (c) You generally just take grander concepts out of context and apply them to situations you don't understand or assume you do understand.

Let's talk about the good-ole-days with the BS chirping. And for God sakes I don't want to hear anything about Ken Shamrock's supposed leg-lock attempt or supposed dive depending on how you think leglock dives are attempted. We've done this already.

this

I think Ken just took a bad step, but there have been a few shady fights.

I know of one where the two guys were getting cut or just tired of the shit they put up with, so they went out as a snoozefest, 15 mins of circling... might as well be a fix

LyxqprW.gif

2hgtue1.jpg

Back