When Pride conquered UFC, and the end of the first MMA Golden Age

For example, Chuck was out in round 2, his only other fight being a 3 minute affair where he KOed Overeem. This argument isn't worth my time... if you're gonna troll, do a good one like Santa Claus vs. spiderman or something

Even rampage said it was fixed when he said all tourneys were fixed. When someone who was part of the fix fesses up to it but you still say nuh uh. Well I don't know what to tell you.

I've seen an interview with Rampage talking about this. I think he was bitter with his run to the final as opposed to Wanderlei's. He thought they were giving Wanderlei an easy path to the final. This may or may not be true, but it doesn't mean that fights were fixed or anything, just that Pride may or may not have put the figthers that they wanted to do well into favourable situations. It still happens today in the UFC. Look at McGregor versus Siver.

So discredit the man with a psychological breakdown that happend well after he came clean about pride. All because he said something that makes you feel uncomfortable about your fav organization? Also calling him a "fucking psychotic" fighter bashing?

lol He is a fucking psychotic. If you want, feel free to go ahead and report me for it.

Name me an organization wherein Rampage wasn't a disgruntled and openly petulant employee at one point or another. That is the guy's M.O, and always has been. He talks w/e stupid shit he can about the organization/pay-structure/legitimacy/etc, signs elsewhere, talks them up for a few months, then repeats the cycle again.

For example, Chuck was out in round 2, his only other fight being a 3 minute affair where he KOed Overeem. This argument isn't worth my time... if you're gonna troll, do a good one like Santa Claus vs. spiderman or something

Lol what does that have to do with anything? A real 3 minute fight is infinitely harder than even a 10min fake one. You just have nothing to say. It's ok. Don't be mad. Jeeze I'd swear I talked about your moms or something.. Lol

lol He is a fucking psychotic. If you want, feel free to go ahead and report me for it.

Name me an organization wherein Rampage wasn't a disgruntled and openly petulant employee at one point or another. That is the guy's M.O, and always has been. He talks w/e stupid shit he can about the organization/pay-structure/legitimacy/etc, signs elsewhere, talks them up for a few months, then repeats the cycle again.

It is true, but apparently Bellator really did break their contract

I remember. Mostly true, but you left out some important facts. Shogun getting owned by Forrest and Crocop getting owned by everyone. Gonzaga took a lot out of the guy and the knee injuries ruined Shogun, but no doubt they clearly weren't leaps and bounds above everyone like we thought.

Fedor proved he was #1, Nog proved he was #2 of that era.

The truth is fans give very little credit to what the fighters go through physically from competing WITH injuries. I think you are doing that honestly. Injuries fan or not played a part in Cro-Cop's slide into mediocrity.

He talks about it in translated interviews. Pardon me but this idea that Cro-Cop was beaten because he was NOT UFC caliber is baloney. He was but by that time physical deterioration sets in he was pretty far and had serious wars in PRIDE. Unsurprisingly the Japanese promoters did not take kindly to fighters cancelling fights due to injury.

What you do not read about is the fact that PRIDE guys generally fought through serious injuries, competed and then re-injured themselves, Fedor, Cro-Cop, Shogun and Ninja Rua all had this problem later on competing elsewhere. It is obvious the UFC knows about his losses, the decision to sign him was a stupid one but I would love it if he came in re-matched Schaub and kicked his head and his dignity into the front row where it belongs.

I agree with the part abut Shogun. Cro-Cop had similar injuries with less surgeries both on his right elbow and his left and right ankles, which is why later in his career he hesitated to throw his high kicks. That along with back issues, but in a sense I agree, these guys may not invite criticism but why do they need to compete at these ages? I would rather have my complete faculties than be punch drunk like Cro-Cop has shown himself to be.

In their primes they would have matched up well with UFC HW's and LHW's no doubt. Any discussion otherwise is useless. MMATH has no place at this table.

Doesn't make any of it less real. Pride fixed fights, ufc made millions off him, and Viacom didn't come through with all those extras. All true. He just vents publicly.

Lol what does that have to do with anything? A real 3 minute fight is infinitely harder than even a 10min fake one. You just have nothing to say. It's ok. Don't be mad. Jeeze I'd swear I talked about your moms or something.. Lol

So when can we look forward to your.... I'm going to say 3rd account?

I can relate to this post but my stance is that the core of these old school fighters were fighting all over the place.Saku,Frye,Hendo,Bustamante,Wandy,Scamrock,Coleman,Ricco Rodrigez,Barnett,Randleman,Vitor,Royce and a lot more had fights in both orgs and pretty much everyone had fights in rings,vale tudo or shooto.They faught where the money was

WOW! I think I get what you're saying. Which was the fake one?

I get what you mean, but When more than three fighters accuse the org of the same thing it kinda makes me think. Why didn't rampage accuse the ufc of the same thing? He was at odds with them when he left.

that's probably because dana didn't approach rampage to just ''grapple'' with chuck.

Even rampage said it was fixed when he said all tourneys were fixed. When someone who was part of the fix fesses up to it but you still say nuh uh. Well I don't know what to tell you.

you are making your argument based on rumors and hearsay...

So when can we look forward to your.... I'm going to say 3rd account?

? First account thank you. Why would that get me in trouble? I never actually said anything about his mother, or him. I just told him to calm down. They are the only actually saying things about me. They ran out of stuff to say and started with the name calling. Calling me a troll, or telling me I'm on drugs. I just told them, not to get mad. I hope you are not in a position of power. You'd probably punish the victims!

Back