When it hits you that Darren Till simply doesn't belong in there with Tyron Woodley

He weighed 174.5 against Thompson

Im no mathematician but im pretty sure that isnt 6 pounds overweight
He did weigh 176 vs Ayari though. But yes, in his last fight, he didn't miss weight as much that time around.
So when did Thompson have "Woolley" on his back? Only time I remember is when Woodley pulled guard on a standing guillotine after absolutely leveling Wonderboy with an overhand. Are you suggesting that's how Till should get Woodley to the ground? Because that idea sounds very not smart. Or are you just saying that proves how good Stephen's wrestling is? Because that is also very not smart

Yeah he beat a washed up LW and got gifted a decision in his home town because Wonderboy is so boring.

But who cares, at least he won't fight like a pussy, even if he cant make weight.

Either way, it’s gonna be a hella boring fight.

I HATE being that guy but I have no confidence in either of those guys

Ts is correct, Till did get fast tracked. May be to gain british fans like conor and the irish. I dont thi nk he necessarily earned a title shot, but the division isnt stacked like 155 or 145. Woodley really has no one to fight who eas on a winning streak like Till. Till may have a shot because of his size advantage, but i exoect tyrone to take him down easily as well as be way faster with punches. Tyron throws some power bombs, so we shall see if Till can take it.

That’s fine if it means the Colby feud continues.

yeah and ya'll really have no clue who Eddie Alvarez is do you?

till belongs in there, i just don't see woodley knocking him out, and i think till won't be afraid of him and will make him work and pressure him.
Everyone knows you're racist at this point. Stop posting.

Don't misinterpet my thread guys, Till can win this fight and I'm actually leaning towards him.

That said, I took another random look at his record and I just cannot understand how he has this fight.

17-0-1 in his career, 5-0-1 in the UFC.

15 of his 17 wins were against absolute nobodies, majority of them being regional talent in Brazil, literally a bunch of nobodies and part-time fighters.

His last two wins are over good names, but taking into account that Cerrone is way over the hill at this stage and that Cerrone used to be a Lightweight, does kind of take some of the sauce off that one.

His win over Thompson was impressive as he fought a very smart and calculated fight. With all that said, I totally can see why someone would score that fight differently and even make the claim that Stephen may have won.

Parking those two fights for a moment, he also seems like a guy who has struggled to finish better talent, with 4 of his last 5 fights being decisions, one of which was a draw and one of which some thought he lost.

Darren Till may very well finish Tyron Woodley, or even outscore him over 25 minutes, but I personally don't think it's very fair that he's been fast tracked to this degree, AND he missed weight last time out. That wasn't one of those "oh I missed it by .25lbs" either - the dude missed by 6lbs and almost went blind during his cut.

I won't deny that I hope Tyron knocks him out.
Sometimes things just all come together in a really positive way even sooner than expected if you put the work in and keep impressing.

I'm glad Tyron will finally be fighting another guy that should be fighting at 185

That's a bit of a stretch. Until a guy starts missing weight I don't think its fair to say they should be at a higher weight class. Woodley is just super stout, dude is like 5'9. The only reason Till gets so much crap is because he misses weight.
Honestly signs point towards Till taking this. He's taller longer and significantly younger. The only things standing in his way are if he misses weight again or comes in w/ a jacked up gameplan.
Rooting for Woodley but if I were to bet it'd be on Till.

I agree. It's honestly ridiculous that Till got the shot coming off a very close fight with Wonderboy accompanied by a massive weight miss. The UFC might really want him in there though, as Till has the tools to beat Tyron.

Last edited:
I mean it's not like Woodley has proven himself unbeatable as the champ. Since he won the title he had a draw with Thompson, beat him in a split decision, and won a boring fight with Maia where all he had to do was defend takedowns to win. I think Till will test him and at the very least that's good for a division that's been stale for a long time.

If Till loses, i would like to see the guy fight at MW next. Till already mentioned that he wants to win the title, defend it once, and move up. I seen a pic of him standing next to Paulo Costa, and Till looked the same size as him. Guy is the new Rumble Johnson of WW.

If he can beat Tyron then he "deserves" the shot

The hardest part of winning the title is supposed to be getting there. The path is important and you're supposed to earn it. Gatekeepers are in the way to make sure you're worthy.

Being able to beat the champion isn't supposed to be the most important thing.

This how it should be in magical fairy land. In the real world, all that matters is how many people will watch, and I suppose if you can win you deserve the fight.

Easiest fight of woodleys career

I work with real scousers everyday and I'm telling them every day

I think Till will dwarf Woodley and manhandle him due to size and win by tko.

Till has a a good chin and that is the only reason I give him a chance. If Woodley goes in with a wrestling plan, Till is fucked.

Well, I agree OP. He shouldn't be fighting for the title. This is the UFC making stupid decisions though, of course Till wouldn't say no to this offer. Why are you leaning towards Till though? I see Tyron breaking his will after several rounds of dominating takedowns and either getting a late GnP tko, or a very wide decision. Till's upwards stance is just asking for Tyron to take him for a ride. Also by some accounts his weight cut will have him in zombie mode when he steps on the scales. I see Tyron walking right through him...

I could see that, Woodley could defintely beat him.
I like Till a lot, I actually give him a good chance to beat Woodley.
I hope we get to see this,unfortunately I do not see this fight happening Saturday.
But sadly Darren Till has the biggest chance to beat Daren Till come Friday
<Oku01>

Stephen also had Woolley on his back
You mean because Woodley pulled guard after locking in a guillotine choke?

UTNp.gif

Back