When it hits you that Darren Till simply doesn't belong in there with Tyron Woodley

If Tyron mixes up his wrestling with his striking, he will handle Till with ease.
he rarely wrestles tho, hes never been a juggernaut offensive wrestler in the ufc. his cardio isnt good enough for him to go for 10-15 takedowns in a fight. he can win tho if he times some takedowns to steal some rounds with the judges

Well, I agree OP. He shouldn't be fighting for the title. This is the UFC making stupid decisions though, of course Till wouldn't say no to this offer. Why are you leaning towards Till though? I see Tyron breaking his will after several rounds of dominating takedowns and either getting a late GnP tko, or a very wide decision. Till's upwards stance is just asking for Tyron to take him for a ride. Also by some accounts his weight cut will have him in zombie mode when he steps on the scales. I see Tyron walking right through him...
Wasn't Till supposed to be depleted from the bad cut against Wonderboy? Seemed okay in the cage to me.

Till is going to walk Woodley down and make it look easy.

Why didn't he walk down Wonderboy..? That's what I was waiting for and I just kept on waiting. He'll do nothing, just like the others Till will be a watcher too afraid to get too close fearing a explosion from a out of nowhere overhand right...

Ts is correct, Till did get fast tracked. May be to gain british fans like conor and the irish. I dont thi nk he necessarily earned a title shot, but the division isnt stacked like 155 or 145. Woodley really has no one to fight who eas on a winning streak like Till. Till may have a shot because of his size advantage, but i exoect tyrone to take him down easily as well as be way faster with punches. Tyron throws some power bombs, so we shall see if Till can take it.

Usman is on like an 8 fight win streak.

Colby didn't want the fight, UFC 228 needed a main event and the rest of the top 5 are coming off L's
How he has this fight

Usman

Why didn't he walk down Wonderboy..? That's what I was waiting for and I just kept on waiting. He'll do nothing, just like the others Till will be a watcher too afraid to get too close fearing a explosion from a out of nowhere overhand right...

God I hope not!

That Division is a stagnant, get the belt involved and perhaps moving, fuck anymore interim BS.

Till has not done anywhere near enough to get a title shot. UFC are just desperate to create a new star. It will backfire on them though because he is a boring fighter who point fights, yes yes yes his fight with Cerrone was impressive and good, but 90% of his fights are snoozefests where he does more staring than throwing anything

I'd rather they give him a shot while he's on a hot streak then pair him with a bunch of top 10 guys until he's on a 2-3 skid.

This is better promotion and a job well done by the UFC. They're starting to go to the boxing model of creating stars, which is proven to be far better. Instead of throwing all of their top contenders at each other and ruining their records, they're giving guys mostly unnamed but legitimate competition, but not TOP TIER competition until they're ready for a belt. Why? Because to the average beer drinking fight watcher, being undefeated is more impressive than being 20-5 against top guys.

Perfect example: Khabib. He has like 2 top 10 wins in his entire career, but because everybody has seen his skill against a few top 10 guys, he seems UNBEATABLE.

THAT is how you create a star. By making them seem UNBEATABLE.

This is a tough fight to call. The betting odds from what I've seen are *very* even.

I think Woodley is a better tactician than most people think, so i'm going to say Woodley avoids getting into a brawl in the first 2 rounds and he drags it into the 4th and 5th and Till tires by that point, giving Woodley a close decision win.

But ....it also wouldn't surprise me either if it's a 1st round KO either way!
-- Woodley smashed Robbie Lawler in the first round just 2 years ago and he is VERY fast on his feet, with a lot of speed and power. I just hope the fight is moderately exciting and they actually engage rather than feinting 126 times per round....

I think both fighters are slightly overrated. I don't like either of them. Woodley will probably make it a snoozefest.

Either way, it’s gonna be a hella boring fight.

I HATE being that guy but I have no confidence in either of those guys

It's either going to be a super boring fight, or somebody gets flatlined

I'm rooting for till but I have a bad feeling he gets starched.

Till is gonna put the beats on Woodley. It will be fantastic.

As if anybody gives a fuck about this boring fight.

Couldn't care less who wins. Both of them are annoying.

Woodley is 36, hasn't fought in a year, just had surgery on his shoulder, and is fighting a LHW. What am I missing here?

People focus on Till's size... but they seems to forgot that Wonderboy is even longer than Till...

Back