When it hits you that Darren Till simply doesn't belong in there with Tyron Woodley

Woodley is 36, hasn't fought in a year, just had surgery on his shoulder, and is fighting a LHW. What am I missing here?

This is what real LHW looks like nowadays...Anthony-Rumble-Johnson-696x392.jpg 047_Jon_Jones_and_Alexander_Gustafsson.1379715216.1496011476.jpg

Till is very small compared to them big boyz

One of the most fast tracked fighters in UFC history if you ask me

Well everybody starts somewhere. Everybody has some bums on their record, it's what you do when you fight legitimate competition that matters. Anybody can win on any given night. That's why they fight.

Till got the title shot because he was available and Woodley wanted to fight. There just weren't any other good options and the champ wanted a fight, so they got him one. If Till wins, obviously he belongs in the cage with the likes of Woodley. Even if he loses, as long as he puts up a good fight, he's still not out of place.

Till is one of the few welters that, not only matches, but exceeds Woodley's size, and that alone gives him a good chance. All the shit talking about how huge Till is, and those same people forget that Woodley walks around at 210.

I'm glad Tyron will finally be fighting another guy that should be fighting at 185. His 2 biggest wins walk around at 190(Lawler), and 185(Wonderboy), and it will be nice to see him be the smaller man in the cage for a change.
I am a huge fan of tyron but I absolutely agree. tyron dwarfed most of his opponents. he looked even bigger than rory and shields imo. The only fighter who looked slightly bigger than tyron was marquardt. till is not as big as either of those guys except shields. woodley himself said rory looked bigger than till. so size isnt going to be an issue at all since woodley is massive.
Till puffs out his chest to make himself look bigger than he is. he even said so. He also mentioned that tyron is huge without the shirt.
tyron has a good chin. only roided marquardt could ko him and even then he took a lot of bombs in that fight and only went down when he ran out of gas. Till ain't no power puncher like tyron himself or marquardt. I believe this will go the distance and tyron will win it yet again. This unlike the wonderboy fight will b enetertaining though. Thats what I feel about it.

Sounds like the logic everyone uses when Till wins. No one expects him to win. Weird considering the pattern hes set.

This is what real LHW looks like nowadays...View attachment 431123 View attachment 431121

Till is very small compared to them big boyz
funnily enough there is a video of phil davis and woodley together. rofl. woodley looked big even next to a huge lhw like davis. obviously davis is bigger but the size difference was minimal. maybe around 15 pounds at best. makes sense cause woodley is still lean at 205.
He does look smal with clothes on though for some reason. when he takes them off he looks so jacked and dense.

One of the most fast tracked fighters in UFC history if you ask me

This guy is still the king of fast tracking to a title shot in the Zuffa era.

bork1}

And come 2019 he will have been fast-tracked TWICE.

Till is way over rated, but barely take the time to stream a Woodley snoozefest.... Will wait for the gifs on this one. Woodley has weak competition at the top, Till, Colby, Jesus... WW is as barren as LHW.

This guy is still the king of fast tracking to a title shot in the Zuffa era.

bork1}

And come 2019 he will have been fast-tracked TWICE.

well brock is brock. he's an anomaly in the MMA universe.

I agree that it's undeserved, fast-tracked. But from what he's shown he should belong in there (and yeah, you mentioned that, but what else are we going to talk about). Thompson is a great fighter and the way Till fought him you could foresee how tough of a fight it'll be for Woodley. The constant forward movement and trying to cut him off being that huge and good on the feet. While Tyron often forgets to wrestle.

UFC seem to want to burn through their prospects.
I like Darren Till but he needs another 2 fights to be championship ready.
It looks so much like what they did with Ngannou and I can see the fight going the same way if T-Wood implements a wrestling heavy gameplan.

Are you implying Woodley won't stare at him for 5 Rounds again while sweating profusely

Usman is on like an 8 fight win streak.

Yes usman is the only other guy. Hes won 12 in a row, which goes to show that they bumped yill over him for some reason. Not sure if its because woodley doesnt want that fight or because ucf sees till as a better payoff in the long run.

Usman

Till is 25 years old. He joined the UFC at 22

He improves significantly every fight, which is what you would expect for someone his age with a ton of talent. You've seen the same thing with Max and Conor.

I don't know enough about Till's ground game to be overly confident in making pick at this point but if his grappling is competent, I have him to win. Woodley was able to control and damage wonderboy on the ground. Thompson was terrified of the TD and it badly affected his striking and ability to attack. It produced awful fights.

I think Till's striking is better suited against woodley than Thompsons style. I also think Woodley was able to do well vs Thompson because he was able to keep the fight at a snails pace. If Till can make Woodley work for TD's, Work on the ground, scramble, etc, then Till can push a pace that will be a big problem for Woodley. Woodly is over rated imo. His wrestling is good, nothing special. His striking is good, nothing special. I would compare Woodley's striking to a prime Hendricks but maybe not as good. Big power but he relies on athleticism over technique and skill. Woodley KO'd Lawler when his time was up. Lawler looked like total garbage vs Condit. Don't get me wrong the fight was a classic but his ability had totally deteriorated from the pre USADA days vs Hendricks.

I just see it as highly unlikely Woodley is competetive on the feet. Even though he has 1 shot Ko power, I just think it's unlikely to land and its' also unlikely to freeze up Till. IMO his path to victory is on the ground and if he isn't very successful there, he will run in to cardio issues. Even if they both get tired, I favor the guy with technique and reach in that situation vs the guy who relies on explosive 1 shot power

God I hope not!

That Division is a stagnant, get the belt involved and perhaps moving, fuck anymore interim BS.

If it's stagnant it's because the UFC keeps making a circus out of every division handing out interim belts, repossessing interim belts, get the house in order If Covington couldn't go for the TWood throw him to Usman his punishment for not answering call of duty winner of that face off with TWood, I say TWood cause Till gonna get knocked Still...

If it's stagnant it's because the UFC keeps making a circus out of every division handing out interim belts, repossessing interim belts, get the house in order

A-fekkin-men!

It takes so much away with no consistency or conformity.

Woodley is gonna take Till down and GnP him with ease. Till lost his last fight anywhere other than his hometown, most overrated fighter in the UFC.

Till is gonna put the beats on Woodley. It will be fantastic.

Update your ↓↓↓ signature if you truly feel that way, with fanz like you who needz haters...

Only fighters I like by weightclass:
FW: Cejudo
BW: Dillashaw
FW: Holloway
LW: McGregor, Ferguson & Khabib
WW: Woodley
MW: Whittaker
LHW: DC
HW: DC

Woodley is gonna take Till down and GnP him with ease. Till lost his last fight anywhere other than his hometown, most overrated fighter in the UFC.

No he wouldn't. WB got badly hurt on leg, knocked down & pitty-patty doesn't won you fights with new scoring system, damage does.

Back