When it hits you that Darren Till simply doesn't belong in there with Tyron Woodley

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't misinterpet my thread guys, Till can win this fight and I'm actually leaning towards him.

That said, I took another random look at his record and I just cannot understand how he has this fight.

17-0-1 in his career, 5-0-1 in the UFC.

15 of his 17 wins were against absolute nobodies, majority of them being regional talent in Brazil, literally a bunch of nobodies and part-time fighters.

His last two wins are over good names, but taking into account that Cerrone is way over the hill at this stage and that Cerrone used to be a Lightweight, does kind of take some of the sauce off that one.

His win over Thompson was impressive as he fought a very smart and calculated fight. With all that said, I totally can see why someone would score that fight differently and even make the claim that Stephen may have won.

Parking those two fights for a moment, he also seems like a guy who has struggled to finish better talent, with 4 of his last 5 fights being decisions, one of which was a draw and one of which some thought he lost.

Darren Till may very well finish Tyron Woodley, or even outscore him over 25 minutes, but I personally don't think it's very fair that he's been fast tracked to this degree, AND he missed weight last time out. That wasn't one of those "oh I missed it by .25lbs" either - the dude missed by 6lbs and almost went blind during his cut.

I won't deny that I hope Tyron knocks him out.

If Tyron mixes up his wrestling with his striking, he will handle Till with ease.

Till got taken down by Stephen "I come from Karate" Thompson; this will be easy for Woodley.

Colby didn't want the fight, UFC 228 needed a main event and the rest of the top 5 are coming off L's
How he has this fight

Forget about the fight, he doesn't belong in there with Woodley because he weighs 280 lbs. Woodley beats him handily regardless.

yeah and ya'll really have no clue who Eddie Alvarez is do you?

till belongs in there, i just don't see woodley knocking him out, and i think till won't be afraid of him and will make him work and pressure him.

Till is going to walk Woodley down and make it look easy.

I actually have the feeling Darren Till is going to win this fight. Only question mark is his wrestling.

If he can beat Tyron then he "deserves" the shot

Stephen also had Woolley on his back
No he didn't.

The only successful takedowns in both fights were completed by Woodley

The only knockdowns in both fights were scored by Woodley

Whether or not Till belongs in there he will beat Woodley easily.

He weighed 174.5 against Thompson

Im no mathematician but im pretty sure that isnt 6 pounds overweight

Till can Ko Woodley, but he needs to turn into prime BJ with his TDD to do it

Well everybody starts somewhere. Everybody has some bums on their record, it's what you do when you fight legitimate competition that matters. Anybody can win on any given night. That's why they fight.

Till got the title shot because he was available and Woodley wanted to fight. There just weren't any other good options and the champ wanted a fight, so they got him one. If Till wins, obviously he belongs in the cage with the likes of Woodley. Even if he loses, as long as he puts up a good fight, he's still not out of place.

Till is one of the few welters that, not only matches, but exceeds Woodley's size, and that alone gives him a good chance. All the shit talking about how huge Till is, and those same people forget that Woodley walks around at 210.

I'm glad Tyron will finally be fighting another guy that should be fighting at 185. His 2 biggest wins walk around at 190(Lawler), and 185(Wonderboy), and it will be nice to see him be the smaller man in the cage for a change.

Back