when Dom tries to talk down an opponent and act intelligent, but lacks a firm grasp of English

nah but you probably would learn the proper usages of consolidation and consolation somewhere during the 4 years tho

The college thing is what caught my attention when I first responded. I graduated from law school and I still call my kid by the cat's name from time to time.

You're right that the timing is funny. Kinda like when someone posts, "Your so stupid." I bet he was pissed at himself when he realized what he said.

I cant wait until this guy gets koed. cody may not be as articulate. But I would watch Cody fight any day instead of this super boring light jabber

Maybe TJ really did want his wife to consolidate him, and Cruz is a genius?

Perhaps Cruz didn't misspeak at all.

Here's a definition of consolidate from dictionary.com:
to make solid or firm; solidify; strengthen

In that context, he's saying Silly Dilly is looking to his wife to strengthen him. TS is assuming he meant to say 'console' , but since the TS doesn't actually know what Cruz meant to say, Cruz could still be right.

Bottom line - its a garbage thread and we are all stupider for having contributed and spent any amount of time on it.

Nothing wrong with using "consolidation" in the context.

You guys need access to a dictionary.

In that context, he's saying Silly Dilly is looking to his wife to strengthen him. TS is assuming he meant to say 'console' , but since the TS doesn't actually know what Cruz meant to say, Cruz could still be right.

Bottom line - its a garbage thread and we are all stupider for having contributed and spent any amount of time on it.

Oh please. That's like defending someone for saying "taken for granite." Yes, if you want to be VERY lenient, it almost makes sense. But anyone who knows anything about the English language knows tht's not what they intended to say.

In that context, he's saying Silly Dilly is looking to his wife to strengthen him.

Nothing wrong with using "consolidation" in the context.

He may've been using that definition, but it would be a bit redundant if he was. The quote was something like 'he was looking to his wife for consolidation and strength'.

In any event, it is obvious that Dom isn't stupid; just as it is obvious that he is not a great shit-talker.

Oh please. That's like defending someone for saying "taken for granite." Yes, if you want to be VERY lenient, it almost makes sense. But anyone who knows anything about the English language knows tht's not what they intended to say.

I'm pretty sure Cruz meant to say console, but my only point is there is no way anybody can say with 100% certainty what he intended to say. Its not a murder trial here, but I don't like assumptions, even with good evidence there is still the chance one can be wrong.

We recently remodeled our kitchen, and I'll have you know that my designer did take my wife and I for granite (countertops, that is) !

No, it isn't.

"Here's the definition of granite from dictionary.com:
anything compared to this rock in great hardness, firmness, or durability

In that context, he's saying it's a sure thing - so solid that there's no doubt about it."

Sound familiar?

His shit talking skills are at the level of a 10 year old. It's fucking awful to listen to. Thankfully, the people he's trying to talk shit too are just as bad at it, so he doesn't come off as terrible as he actually is at it.

In that context, he's saying it's a sure thing - so solid that there's no doubt about it."

Sound familiar?
The problem with your example is that people never use that misspoken phrase in a context where it means the same thing as the correct phrase.

It usually is something like this;

"I'm going to leave him, I swear to god. He doesn't appreciate me, he just takes me for granite"

Dom using consolidation wouldn't be contextually wrong, the way your example almost always is, it means virtually the exact same thing as consolation in this particular instance. The only iffy thing about what he said, is following it up with 'and strength'.

Last edited:

Sound familiar?

No, as "taken for granite" is wrong, and consolidation in the context isn't.

Agreed. Misspeaking is saying "cab" instead of "cap." When you start throwing in extra syllables, you're just wrong.
this post is just wrong. you dont always have total access to your own vocabulary. some days your mind works slower and youre looking for the word but cant think of it.

in his situation, on camera, doing media, talking trash, hed rather be quick than stutter. just said the wrong word.

Back