What's your favorite type of soup?

Baked potato soup with cheese chives and bacon

potato-soup-recipe-1-of-1-500x500.jpg

I feel like soup should be different than noodle soup. I think I will always take noodle soup over regular soup. There is also a soup curry or porridge category. Those are sort of like soups too.

I feel like soup should be different than noodle soup. I think I will always take noodle soup over regular soup. There is also a soup curry or porridge category. Those are sort of like soups too.

Yeah if we're including noodle soup I'm voting for pho or proper ramen. Other than that it's probably pea and ham or pumpkin.

But when does a stew become a chunky soup? Big question

Yeah if we're including noodle soup I'm voting for pho or proper ramen. Other than that it's probably pea and ham or pumpkin.

But when does a stew become a chunky soup? Big question
Ever tried Bun Bo Hue or Tsukemen? Those are like the more flavorful version of Pho and Ramen.

Some sherbro mentioned Chili. Chili is honestly very close to Bolognese sauce. Of course there are differences in spices but prep is almost the same. I think we need to avoid the noodles or else it becomes really hard to pick a favorite.

Man so many good ones it's hard to choose.

I like

menudo
Albondigas
Tomato
New England clam chowder
Ramen

And a bunch of others, but those are my top 5

I liked Fritos at the bottom of chicken corn chowder or clam chowder, but probably too much salt. I started feeling ok about Portuguese bean soup.

Ever tried Bun Bo Hue or Tsukemen? Those are like the more flavorful version of Pho and Ramen.

Some sherbro mentioned Chili. Chili is honestly very close to Bolognese sauce. Of course there are differences in spices but prep is almost the same. I think we need to avoid the noodles or else it becomes really hard to pick a favorite.

Don't believe so, I'll keep on the lookout. Lucky for us down here we have a pretty diverse population which means you can find good cuisine of pretty much any origin.

And yeah chili is basically bolognaise with chili powder and cumin and some other shit. Well some chili recipes have chunks of meat, more of a ragu I guess. I sometimes have chili con carne with pasta, works really well.

Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup, Tonkotsu Ramen and Borscht might be my favourites. There’s also a place here that does a Sate Beef Pho that’s probably the best bowl of soup I’ve ever had.

Tomato, but only like a homemade roasted tomato. I hate canned tomato soup.

Dude, probably my favourite soup is Campbells tomato soup out of a can, mixed with water and milk and a bit of cayenne pepper and some toast.

Dude, probably my favourite soup is Campbells tomato soup out of a can, mixed with water and milk and a bit of cayenne pepper and some toast.

Probably your favorite? You can’t even commit to it being your favorite, but I’m the bad guy for being able to specify my favorite exactly

Back