What's your favorite type of soup?

Fresh duck and andouille sausage gumbo
Fresh squirrel and dumplings (rabbit is close second)

crawfish bisque

those are my top 3 but i love all kinds.

I think my list of not favorite soups would be easier to compile.

Green ones.

Brocoli and stilton, pea and ham, leek and potato, things like that.

GUEST_cab8e3df-5a47-47ae-8000-206a7682242d

Probably your favorite? You can’t even commit to it being your favorite, but I’m the bad guy for being able to specify my favorite exactly

I'm hardly saying your the bad guy, just commenting.

Miso ramen

Tomato

Bisque, though its hard to come by in my area.

The best is the kind after you've been doing canal irrigation surveys when it's 20 below F , windy and you have been chopping holes in the foot thick ice to so you can get the survey rod in . Probably was chicken noodle with extra butter

upload_2023-9-11_22-54-37.jpeg

sizzling rice soup is all time

chicken noodle
hot sour soup
pho
minestrone

We use to frequently make the drive to a regionally famous steakhouse for a couple of their.....soups.

Nothing fancy, just good made from scratch soup. I believe they went to boil in bag soups because the quality just tanked, and we stopped making the trip.

If anyone knows if the Beef House in Covington IN. Went back to homemade soup, lmk.

gumbo
chili
chicken noodle

also
tom kha
minestrone
tomato basil
squash bisque

Man so many good ones it's hard to choose.

I like

menudo
Albondigas
Tomato
New England clam chowder
Ramen

And a bunch of others, but those are my top 5
Solid. Never had Albondigas but the other four are all favorites of mine.

Miyeok Guk used to be my favorite. For some reason, the texture of the seaweed didn't agree with any longer from not eating it for a few years.
__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__2020__02__20200128-miyeok-guk-korean-seaweed-soup-vicky-wasik-7-21447f5620914e4b9e19912a78b7306c.jpg

Back