What's your favorite type of soup?

Solid. Never had Albondigas but the other four are all favorites of mine.
You need to try it. Go to whatever is the most authentic Mexican restaurant in your area. It's a Mexican take on meatball soup. It's not my #1 favorite but I really like it

New England Clam Chowder
Seafood Bisques
My Mom's Chicken Soup
Wonton Egg Drop Soup

Jjigae is stew. However, I think kimchi jjigae can be either.
lol I just wanted to post that video.

What is the difference between soup and stew? I was under the impression stew is just soup with more stuff?

borscht, maybe made with oxtail.

Had a fish soup in Iceland that was made with cream and apples and herb oil and it was fucking amazing and haven't see anything like it since.

What is the difference between soup and stew? I was under the impression stew is just soup with more stuff?

More or less right. With soup the main component is the liquid/broth/whatever and with stew I believe the ingredients are the main component and the liquid ratio is less.

More or less right. With soup the main component is the liquid/broth/whatever and with stew I believe the ingredients are the main component and the liquid ratio is less.
Look at the chicken egg noodle and baked potato soup on the previous page. It's kind of like a stew. if you go by ingredients are more and liquid ratio is less.

Yeah, stew is supposed to have more stuff in it. However, you have gamjatang, which is full of everything, but is considered soup.

Yeah, stew is supposed to have more stuff in it. However, you have gamjatang, which is full of everything, but is considered soup.
I forgot the chicken ginseng soup name is. I used to get it when I went there. It's like a super intense chicken soup with a whole small chicken in it.

Does Ramen count? I love a good spicy sesame Ramen

I had Chili Crab in Singapore and Malaysia that was one of the best things I have ever eaten but I think that stretches the definition of soup to the max.

New England Clam chowder is up there as well

Used to be Solyanka, now probably Borsht.. Something about Dill really does it for me, makes me feel like I'm eating Beetroot BigMac Soup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back