What's there to do in Toronto? Torontonians GTFIH

Got in some legendary brawls there about 20 years ago.

It was definitely my most hands-on bouncing gig.

What a mishmash of customers... University kids, Club bikers, local thug type guys.. Total zoo.

Also Square one is in Mississauga and not Toronto. You might mean the Eaton's Centre? Or Yorkdale mall??

There was a time when there were farms between our house and Square One. And the crazy part is that we didn't live that far from Square One - LOL.

Got in some legendary brawls there about 20 years ago.

Who did you punch first? Diamond Lil' (piano) or Rose (singer)?

Ever go to the Brunny when the pit is closed mid-afternoon and sit by the window with the whinos?

oh god. The Brunny.

Wholesale beer served by the Pitcher only to lines of picnic tables seated people (almost all guys) where you would get admonished if you stood up and moved around the room and talked to others ('sit and drink').

Good times!

Pitchers? I remember when they served draft glasses. A tray of 27 was $30. IIRC they went to pitchers because the health dept cited them so many times for not washing the draft glasses.

Too bad. the Wheat Sheaf had amazing wings. Can't say I'm surprised considering where it is.

Oh crap, I forgot about that place! Damn. The memory hole.

I assume the Morrisey is no more.

Who did you punch first? Diamond Lil' (piano) or Rose (singer)?

Ever go to the Brunny when the pit is closed mid-afternoon and sit by the window with the whinos?

What about Rockin Irene??

No idea, I never liked strip clubs.

Ya despite my experience in many of them, it was never my first or second choice, but a subset of the group of guys I hung out with loved them and we were in Investment Banking in the Tech sector, which made it the go to back then, especially when you had clients or potential clients in.

There was a time when there were farms between our house and Square One. And the crazy part is that we didn't live that far from Square One - LOL.
Guessing you were out on Trafalgar or Mississauga road, north of Britannia?

Pitchers? I remember when they served draft glasses. A tray of 27 was $30. IIRC they went to pitchers because the health dept cited them so many times for not washing the draft glasses.
oh ya. I stand corrected. While we were there for the start of the pitchers it was with those tiny draft glasses we spend most of our time.

We used to challenge others to Boat races with the loser buying the next round. I was always our teams anchor person as I could shoot 2 of those little glasses at once.

Oh and about not 'washing the draft glasses'...

B0T2Vza.gif

but still

<{clintugh}>

oh ya. I stand corrected. While we were there for the start of the pitchers it was with those tiny draft glasses we spend most of our time.

We used to challenge others to Boat races with the loser buying the next round. I was always our teams anchor person as I could shoot 2 of those little glasses at once.

Oh and about not 'washing the draft glasses'...

B0T2Vza.gif

but still

<{clintugh}>

Ever do the giant pitchers at the peel pub?

Guessing you were out on Trafalgar or Mississauga road, north of Britannia?

Our house backed up onto the Credit River ravine south of Burnhamthorpe. You could see Erindale college (UofT Mississauga campus) from the back of our property. Moved back to Toronto when I was in high school.

Ever do the giant pitchers at the peel pub?
Oh ya. Memory lane. Peel pub was always a first stop when we hit Montreal and the massive pitchers were a must.

The good ole days when beer consumption had zero impact on my weight.

It was definitely my most hands-on bouncing gig.

What a mishmash of customers... University kids, Club bikers, local thug type guys.. Total zoo.

Well if you were working when nashville pussy played there 17-19 years ago you're welcome.

I recall they had just built the Burnhamthorpe bridge across the credit river when we moved to Mississauga. Going along Burnhampthorpe from our place to Square One, there were still farms along the road (!!). Now looks like this.

_futuremississauga_0.jpg

Our house backed up onto the Credit River ravine south of Burnhamthorpe. You could see Erindale college (UofT Mississauga campus) from the back of our property. Moved back to Toronto when I was in high school.
Yup exactly where i thought even though i misremembered and positioned it just north of Burnhamthorpe. I used to attend courses there around 1993, and remember driving thru the farm land pocket that still remained there as it really stood out.

Back