What's there to do in Toronto? Torontonians GTFIH

Yup exactly where i thought even though i misremembered and positioned it just north of Burnhamthorpe. I used to attend courses there around 1993, and remember driving thru the farm land pocket that still remained there as it really stood out.

We had long moved back to Toronto by 1993. I was actually already in grad school by then.

Well if you were working when nashville pussy played there 17-19 years ago you're welcome.

Probably very close to that time, but it was only ever DJ on Saturdays when I worked there. Mostly out of control young uns.

These Brunswick house memories are hilarious.

Also, R.I.P. Albert's Hall teh home of the Blues in Toronto.

Toronto's home of the blues was Grossman's on Spadina.

Edit: my God, it's still around.

We stood on the long tables when we were working so we could see the action.

One day a fellow bouncer ran and tackled a guy who was fighting and felt some grab his legs. He started kicking and flailing his legs to get free and when we ran over to the commotion we noticed he had jumped into a garbage can when he tackled the guy. <45>

Also RIP

Big Bob / Reverb
Comfort Zone (gross!)
Silver Dollar
Rancho Relaxo

Toronto's home of the blues was Grossman's on Spadina.

not-so-much-gif.gif

Not for big acts. I saw Luther Allison, and Eddie Shaw and the Wolf hound at Albert's Hall. I'll give Grossman's this: they were spitting distance from Shanghai Garden where we would go for $3.50 3-dish lunch while at UofT. My very last day at UofT was the last day of exams that day. The place was a ghost town and before that last exam we hit Shanghai garden one last time. Bill came to $7.50 for two of us.

I recall they had just built the Burnhamthorpe bridge across the credit river when we moved to Mississauga. Going along Burnhampthorpe from our place to Square One, there were still farms along the road (!!). Now looks like this.

_futuremississauga_0.jpg

Did you ever attend the super popular Night Club (name escapes me) that was on Mississauga Rd at Burnhamthorpe (I think?).

One of their craziest nights was Wednesday night.

I've told the story on here about meeting Ben Johnson there when he was a rising start, and before getting busted for PED's and how i ended up peeing at a urinal beside him. In my immature mind I just wanted to beat him in finishing the pee and be faster than Ben Johnson in something, anything. I still hold that record deer to my heart despite his later bust.

Did you ever attend the super popular Night Club (name escapes me) that was on Mississauga Rd at Burnhamthorpe (I think?).

One of their craziest nights was Wednesday night.

I've told the story on here about meeting Ben Johnson there when he was a rising start, and before getting busted for PED's and how i ended up peeing at a urinal beside him. In my immature mind I just wanted to beat him in finishing the pee and be faster than Ben Johnson in something, anything. I still hold that record deer to my heart despite his later bust.

Richards? At South Millway mall. That was off Erin Mills pkwy between Dundas and Burnhamthorpe. I've definitely been there and the one of the great moments of my life happened at Richards when I turned 19.

https://www.insauga.com/top-5-old-school-nightclubs-in-mississauga

1 - Richard’s - early 80’s to early 90’s

Located where a new development is going up on South Millway Plaza used to be one of the most popular nightclubs in Mississauga called Richard’s. The neighborhood around Richard’s absolutely hated this establishment and for good reason. As much as it was a good place to party the crowds got a little rowdy after a night of partying to the best laser light show Mississauga has ever seen to this day. To top it off Richard’s gave away free beer glasses at the end of the night to its club goers which was a compete recipe for disaster and often found smashed glass on the streets. If you don’t remember this then you were probably there J. The end was when Richards lost its liquor licence after a Liquor Board hearing. At the end of the day all the craziness listed above made Richard’s one of the most remembered clubs in Mississauga’s history! There is actually a Facebook page dedicated to Richard’s memories: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2361304875/

Richards? At South Millway mall. That was off Erin Mills pkwy between Dundas and Burnhamthorpe. I've definitely been there and the one of the great moments of my life happened at Richards when I turned 19.

https://www.insauga.com/top-5-old-school-nightclubs-in-mississauga

1 - Richard’s - early 80’s to early 90’s

Located where a new development is going up on South Millway Plaza used to be one of the most popular nightclubs in Mississauga called Richard’s. The neighborhood around Richard’s absolutely hated this establishment and for good reason. As much as it was a good place to party the crowds got a little rowdy after a night of partying to the best laser light show Mississauga has ever seen to this day. To top it off Richard’s gave away free beer glasses at the end of the night to its club goers which was a compete recipe for disaster and often found smashed glass on the streets. If you don’t remember this then you were probably there J. The end was when Richards lost its liquor licence after a Liquor Board hearing. At the end of the day all the craziness listed above made Richard’s one of the most remembered clubs in Mississauga’s history! There is actually a Facebook page dedicated to Richard’s memories: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2361304875/
Oh ya.

<GinJuice>

Richards is correct!

Man we had so many great nights there. It was really one of the only true great NIghtclubs outside downtown Toronto. There was another in Burlington along Lakeshore we went to in that time frame.

Oh ya.

<GinJuice>

Richards is correct!

Man we had so many great nights there. It was really one of the only true great NIghtclubs outside downtown Toronto. There was another in Burlington along Lakeshore we went to in that time frame.

What was teh place on the water at the mouth of 16mile creek in Oakville? It was a bar/restaurant but was popular with the university crowd during the summer when kids returned home from school?

Having an old man moment.

not-so-much-gif.gif

Not for big acts. I saw Luther Allison, and Eddie Shaw and the Wolf hound at Albert's Hall. I'll give Grossman's this: they were spitting distance from Shanghai Garden where we would go for $3.50 3-dish lunch while at UofT. My very last day at UofT was the last day of exams that day. The place was a ghost town and before that last exam we hit Shanghai garden one last time. Bill came to $7.50 for two of us.

I was at grossmans one night with my chick and her kid brother some time in or around '97. we would go there for their open Mike night so her brother could get some practice playing on stage. right after he finished the guy hosting comes to the Mike and says "we're going to get Mr. Jeff Healey up on stage". Jeff played a half hour set on her brothers guitar, pretty cool night.

I was at grossmans one night with my chick and her kid brother some time in or around '97. we would go there for their open Mike night so her brother could get some practice playing on stage. right after he finished the guy hosting comes to the Mike and says "we're going to get Mr. Jeff Healey up on stage". Jeff played a half hour set on her brothers guitar, pretty cool night.

Wow,. Great story.

I have a one about the Diamond club (later named the Phoenix club). We were out on the dance floor and I realize David Bowie is there about 2 feet away.

What was teh place on the water at the mouth of 16mile creek in Oakville? It was a bar/restaurant but was popular with the university crowd during the summer when kids returned home from school?

Having an old man moment.
I kind of have a recollection of going to an Oakville spot maybe once or twice but it was definitely not tops on our list.

I just remembered the Burlington place club. It was called The Time Club.

Last edited:
Cool bars,museums maybe?
Ripley's Aquarium
Royal Ontario Museum (ROM)
Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO)

If you're into ghost tours, there's a small company called "Haunted Walks" that does some tours at places. I've them all since the GF is into it. They're not bad, its more of a historical tour with a spice of supernatural rumors in it

CN Tower is you wanna see it

Ferry rides at Toronto harborfront. There are some specialty ships you can ride, they're part of their own companies though.

There's usually some events that pop up occasionally that are nice, like light shows or whatnaught; They're not really part of the official attractions, but are nice.
If you want to check them out, you can see it here: https://www.blogto.com/events/

Overall, there really isn't much, most of which you can kinda do in the short time you're here. I used to not go out often and mainly just focused on the gym, when I started going out, I pretty much went through most of the attraction and events within 2 weeks, and it was at a slow pace.

Ever do the giant pitchers at the peel pub?

One of my buddies used to go there all the time when he was a cop in training since they had about the cheapest beer around.
Then the place got busted for recycling their beer and that was the end of that.

One of my buddies used to go there all the time when he was a cop in training since they had about the cheapest beer around.
Then the place got busted for recycling their beer and that was the end of that.

Yup I knew about that before they got shut down, thanks to a buddy that bounced there. almost made me sick.

Back