What's the hottest it's been thus far in your area this summer?

July 2024 where I live: 21 days at or over 100, 13 days at or over 105, 5 days at or over 110, max temp 111, average temp 82.39.
I'm spending about 12 dollars a day to keep the house semi comfortable while setting alarms to wake me up in the middle of the night so if and when the temperature reaches 77 degrees, I can shut the AC off and open everything up.
Been a pretty brutal summer.

Live in Washington State but working in D.C. for the summer. Hottest it gotten so far has been like 102 which isn't crazy hot but we've had like 90% humidity and it's been absolutely miserable. Back home we get a few weeks in upper 90's low 100's, but it's at least noticeably cooler in the shade, here in D.C. there is just no relief. At night it only gets down to like 85. A few years ago back in Washington we had a crazy heat dome and we broke tons of heat records and it got up to 115, but when the sun went down it got down to like 68 at night so you could at least blow cool air into the house.

It’s been the same as every year here. Rain, and low to mid 90’s. Like clockwork

Back