What were you doing half your life ago?

Playing video games and dreaming about having the life I have now.

DownrightZigzagArrowana-size_restricted.gif

Deathly sick, and working to death. Fun times. Actually it wasn't that bad, but could have done without all the stomach problems back then.

Honestly I don't really know, think about it a lot actually..

As I stated before, I come from a pretty military/gov family so service was kinda the thing to do.. as a kid I was all in for it but I had pretty decent grades and a hs gf at the time. So we opted for the college route and not the military life.

It boggles my mind knowing with the timing that I would have been fresh out of boot well people in DC were signing off on papers to send us off to war..
Yeah, I wouldn't know how to feel either. If it was today I would've signed up tbh but that's easy to say now that I'm much older and not actually going to war.

Yeah, I wouldn't know how to feel either. If it was today I would've signed up tbh but that's easy to say now that I'm much older and not actually going to war.

Indeed,
I mean honestly I probably would have been all balls to the wall with it and actually enjoyed service during that time. Since that type of attitude was ingrained in my family life..

But years later, going the educational route I feel good..

I had a lot of friends who signed up during that time before 9/11. Like I said it was a way to travel for a few years and get school money back then..

Smart kids not knowing they were actually signing up to get ship out. Had a lot of friends come back really messed up with PTSD's, fucked up and failed families, hard drugs... They didnt expect to see the shit they signed up for.

I can honestly say I'm happy where I'm at right now..

Had my own apartment, banging my girlfriend, playing starcraft 1 and tf2. Lots and lots of drugs and booze. God I miss those days. I got fucked up Sunday night on vacation and still feel a bit shitty today. Aging is not for pussies.

getting laid/trying to get laid, drinking booze when I could get it, AOL, watching WWF(E), and N64.

Indeed,
I mean honestly I probably would have been all balls to the wall with it and actually enjoyed service during that time. Since that type of attitude was ingrained in my family life..

But years later, going the educational route I feel good..

I had a lot of friends who signed up during that time before 9/11. Like I said it was a way to travel for a few years and get school money back then..

Smart kids not knowing they were actually signing up to get ship out. Had a lot of friends come back really messed up with PTSD's, fucked up and failed families, hard drugs... They didnt expect to see the shit they signed up for.

I can honestly say I'm happy where I'm at right now..
That's awful, war is hell man no wonder guys come home all fucked up. It's a life changing experience for sure.

That's awful, war is hell man no wonder guys come home all fucked up. It's a life changing experience for sure.

And just think.. from when it started, we now have an entirely new generation where that is all they know.

Depressed 12 year old with "mental issues". I used to smoke weed and drink small amounts of rum and chill with the "big boys". Whenever I got angry I would just jog the beach. I always wanted to join the military and make my dad proud and happy. So I began training and working in out and getting my shit together. Then I got barred from the military with a DSM-5. I still feel crushed. Shit don't put ya eggs in on basket fellas.

fucking up my 2nd year of community college.

acting like any 20 something with a good wage coming in would, i.e,drinking,drugs,women and a lot of money spent on high performance motor bikes. and holidays, that tended to involve the first 3 things a lot.

23. Life was good. Best shape of my life. Steady relationship with my now wife. Only thing that I could ding it for was not having my career yet.

Back