what was your honest reaction to rowsey vs nunes?

giphy.gif

Edward longshanks in braveheart: shall we retire?

Wasnt really surprised at all because its kind of what i expected.

Resignation and the sinking feeling when something unpleasant you have been expecting is finally happening.

Kept thinking she had horrible boxing and couldn't clinch effectively, gunna be a short fight, aaand it's over, that fight sucked, thanks Dom and Cody for actually delivering a fight.

You thought she would beat Nunes easily???
I'm not sold on nunes, she has a lot of holes in her game. Once she became champ people act like she's invincible. Cat ragdolled her.

I was rooting agains Rousey rather than for Nunes but that was actually heartbreaking... I actually felt ashamed for her. As usual the germans have a word for it: Fremdschämen...

The only thing i was suprised about was that Ronda was the favorite. Then I was like shit she looked horrible but it was what i predicted as far as on the part of Nunes.

was not surprised
I put a few dollars down on it, wish I put more but my 2016 online gambling funds were low

i think as the fight got under way i started shouting "WHAT THE FUCK" a lot and this eventually gave way to hysterical laughter and shouting

what was your actual reaction?

Before I say this I believed this was a 50/50 fight.
I enjoyed all 48 seconds of it. I was saying "YES" each time she tagged Ronda.

The disparity between the mythology & the actual fight is rarely this jarring though. She was reacting to getting hit the same way some bum off the street was. Like her head was magnetic bobble-doll for her opponents fists. You usually don't see that kind of beating at the UFC, especially the higher levels. You don't even see it in Bellator.

Royce Gracie had the sense to know he couldn't beat guys like Marco Ruas, Don Frye, & Vitor even though he was still in his prime, because they weren't one-dimensional TMA's. Ronda's head got so big she didn't. It's probably even more swollen now.

I also wished Herb Dean had let it go 10-15 more seconds.

I wasn't too surprised, but surprised it only lasted that long. I was rooting for Rhonda, but I picked Nunes to win, she's a better overall fighter and Rhonda didn't do what she needed to do and that is change camps. {<RR}

Unsatisfied.

Not the biggest Ronda fan but I was hoping to see some indication she wasn't entirely broken. I got the impression anyone who chose to strike would have beaten Ronda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back