what was your honest reaction to rowsey vs nunes?

Essentially me in the bar...
200w.gif

In a way I was embarrassed, since here is someone we hyped, and anyone into MMA is part of the collective WE. Because whether we like it or not to the outside world we are all the same even if we constantly fight amongst one another. But we collectively projected Rhonda to the rest of the world as some highly skilled fighter, a and I quote "once ever athlete". So all those "casuals" or people who only watched specifically to be part of history, or to witness greatness or see what the talk was all about. All those people basically are laughing at us now, just as we are laughing at those within our community who are responsible for the hype job in the first place.

What the fuck are you talking about ?

i was shocked she was so bad physically and mentally tbh. ever worse than the holm fight.

Kinda disappointed. With Rousey out of the picture the division is boring as hell.

You could tell she was shell shocked when that first punch snapped her head back. She froze and became a human punching bag. Holly completely took her soul.

Nunes is 4-3 and Ronda is 7-0 against their common opponents. Beside Nunes improving, that stat tells you a lot.

I was shocked. Honestly, I wasn't expecting Ronda to look so clueless. She has zero standup skill. Zilch. There are guys who look and move better after their first day of boxing training. I'm being serious too. She didn't even have basic footwork. She was a stiff punching bag. She didn't even have street fight fundamentals.

How can someone be so bad after so much "training"? She looked like she has never even sparred. No footwork. No head movement. No lateral movement. No balance and no proper stance.

Any coach should know that she is horrible and should have been coaching her on ways to get the fight to the ground. Single legs. Rolls. Pull guard. Butt scoots. Greco shit. Ankle pick. Power double. ANYTHING. In the last 5 years she can't learn basic wrestling?

It is just fucking shocking that she hasn't evolved at all. With a decade of MIXED MARTIAL arts training, she still only has Judo trips and throws. She never mixed in anything with her Judo.

Mind blown.

something that seems odd to me is that the way she moves, its like she was actually unable to bend her knees or something. she does this weird hopping or something, some weird kinda bj penn-tier shit. i dunno if her knees are simply that fucked, or if she had a massive adrenal dump/nervous breakdown and just kinda lost all composure. dayummmm she almost became bethe-like

Sad. And not particularly even for Ronda. I just felt bad. It was embarrassing.

I was like OH FUCK! As soon as she started getting tagged and was shrugged off in the clinch attempts, I just thought thought "this shit is over".

After it was over, I was just thinking DAMN, Ronda is done. I was happy, but I felt bad at the same time.

I was like OH FUCK! As soon as she started getting tagged and was shrugged off in the clinch attempts, I just thought thought "this shit is over".

After it was over, I was just thinking DAMN, Ronda is done. I was happy, but I felt bad at the same time.

it was crazy, she just had nothing for nunes at all.

Wasn't surprised at the outcome, or even the method of victory...just how quickly it happened and how lifeless Ronda looked.

It's like Nunes beat up on a shell of Ronda.

Back