what was your honest reaction to rowsey vs nunes?

in the liver

Mo froots
@Gold
Reaction score
i think as the fight got under way i started shouting "WHAT THE FUCK" a lot and this eventually gave way to hysterical laughter and shouting

what was your actual reaction?

That Nunes has come a long way with her striking and Ronda is done.

Just the reaction "Some good punches. Ronda doesn't defend at all. What, it's over?"

163.gif

Wasnt surprised tbh Im by no means a Rousey fan but I was hoping she would come back looking more improved and put on a show, fuckin arse
<{hughesimpress}>

As the fight happened, I was like
IMG_2104.GIF
Then as I began to assess Ronda's performance, I was kinda like
IMG_2346.GIF
It was
IMG_2130.GIF
Turns out the Holly loss hurt a lot more because I didn't see it coming and just assumed I'd be seeing Ronda glory, and this time I knew it could go like that.

I lol'd. Like for real, first time I laughed watching a fight - that wasn't due to one of the commentators fucking up like they usually do.

I didn't think she would show up THAT bad. I thought nunes would be easy work.

<36>

At first I was hoping Nunes doesnt over-commit and get taken down like Rumble did against DC. Then I was sure we were in for a beautiful GIF and was ecstatic.

Wasn't totally surprised at the outcome, just shocked how quick she shut her down.

Never expected Ronda to go out without at least letting her hands go.

I was rooting hard against Rousey, then I thought "don't kid yourself, Nunes is too agressive and not as technical as Holm, Rousey is a rightful favorite". Then she gets absolutely destroyed and I laughed and cheered.

In a way I was embarrassed, since here is someone we hyped, and anyone into MMA is part of the collective WE. Because whether we like it or not to the outside world we are all the same even if we constantly fight amongst one another. But we collectively projected Rhonda to the rest of the world as some highly skilled fighter, a and I quote "once ever athlete". So all those "casuals" or people who only watched specifically to be part of history, or to witness greatness or see what the talk was all about. All those people basically are laughing at us now, just as we are laughing at those within our community who are responsible for the hype job in the first place.

Pretty much the asswhooping I expected .... And I enjoyed it

Back