what was your honest reaction to rowsey vs nunes?

In a way I was embarrassed, since here is someone we hyped, and anyone into MMA is part of the collective WE. Because whether we like it or not to the outside world we are all the same even if we constantly fight amongst one another. But we collectively projected Rhonda to the rest of the world as some highly skilled fighter, a and I quote "once ever athlete". So all those "casuals" or people who only watched specifically to be part of history, or to witness greatness or see what the talk was all about. All those people basically are laughing at us now, just as we are laughing at those within our community who are responsible for the hype job in the first place.

Don't sweat it. The sports community that recommended her for the greatest female athlete ever are the ones that look stupid. They latched onto her bad-girl image and not the actual physical accomplishments.

They never paid attention to us before when Anderson Silva, George St. Pierre or Fedor were reigning for a decade, so why should we care that their judgment sucks?

lots of laughter in the reactions. i like to think that perhaps it was just the sudden release of tension that made us laugh, but we're probably just scumbags

i was like
th

cause i could believe that after a year off,she still couldn't block a straight right!

I was drunk and cheered and laughed :D

raw

After the first few shots starting landing, I was kind of making "urghh" noises which then gave way to loud, mocking laughter as the fight ended. Followed by a few more noises. Then I messaged my mate who was watching at the same time, simply saying "that was Keithy as fuck".

"Keithy" being our way of describing a one-sided pasting where one fighter almost goes out/gets finished several times but keeps clinging on until the final nail drops. Think Keith Jardine vs. Houston Alexander. Hence the 'Keithy'.

I was 5% Ronda could end this in 30 seconds and 95% she was going to get squashed. When that first hard punch landed, you could see she didn't want to be in there and that stupid look on her face was gone in an instant.

Felt really bad watching it, it just started bad and got worse.

I don't even like her that much, but you could just feel the emotional (and physical) pain she was taking from every shot.

I was shocked. Honestly, I wasn't expecting Ronda to look so clueless. She has zero standup skill. Zilch. There are guys who look and move better after their first day of boxing training. I'm being serious too. She didn't even have basic footwork. She was a stiff punching bag. She didn't even have street fight fundamentals.

How can someone be so bad after so much "training"? She looked like she has never even sparred. No footwork. No head movement. No lateral movement. No balance and no proper stance.

Any coach should know that she is horrible and should have been coaching her on ways to get the fight to the ground. Single legs. Rolls. Pull guard. Butt scoots. Greco shit. Ankle pick. Power double. ANYTHING. In the last 5 years she can't learn basic wrestling?

It is just fucking shocking that she hasn't evolved at all. With a decade of MIXED MARTIAL arts training, she still only has Judo trips and throws. She never mixed in anything with her Judo.

Mind blown.

Back