Social What was your biggest fear as a child?

Getting paralyzed and the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang.

Death standing in the open doorway at night.

I fucked up my head a bit by looking at Tornado photos as a kid. Even now, when I'm walking to my car at 4am and the breeze gets up, I freak out a little....

I watched Jaws, So sharks. I still fear sharks. You wont get me past knee deep in the ocean. Besides, i fucking hate sand.

My greatest fear as a kid. One which I always kept hid, was to come home from school and find my mother dead.

After Jaws I couldn't hang my foot off the bed at night without being worried about sharks!!

It's completely irrational but it's how I felt.

The only thing I feared was fear itself

I'd have to go with the stuff that haunted my re-occurring nightmares as a kid, and still do from time to time today -

BMz8.gif

vimodg.gif

20-smooth-storm.gif

I worked in North Dakota for a couple years. I still remember one night in particular, laying in bed in my company housing trailer and getting constant tornado warning alerts on my phone, then waking up in the middle of the night to my trailer violently shaking and thinking "this is it, this is how I go. I fucking knew it" lmao. The next day I got news of a tornado ripping through a nearby town.

Getting run over by a train.
My home catching fire with me inside.
Falling into water and drowning.

I often times had very vivid dreams of dying in a gruesome fashion in one of these 3 scenarios.

I survived multiple bad car crashes as a child, so i never developed fear of them.

I don't remember any. As a teenager that one day I will die and my mom will one day die. As young adult, that I will lose my mind.

Drowning. I didn’t know how to swim and was thrown in a pool at summer camp. Thought I was a goner until someone jump in to help me.

Then the Marine Corps taught me to swim, but I still can’t tread water normally. I can back float with the best of them though.

Back