Social What was your biggest fear as a child?

not really a fear as a child, but

was 4, I climbed a tree and decided to swing on a vine like tarzan. I fell far on my back, knocked the wind out of me. I thought I was dying. now I hate heights and have a fear of suffocation

vampires.

I shit you not. Saw a few vampire movies that scared the living shit out of me. Two Hong Kong movies in particular. One vampire movie showed horrible looking punctures on the neck of the victims. As if the flesh was diseased and rotting. The other movie wasn't a vampire movie but it was the basis of my nightmare. Ghost infested office skyrise and the protagonists were hiding and sneaking around. Anyway I had nightmares of being chased by vampires in a skyrise culminating in me jumping off the building. I hit the ground and wake the ground and wake up and my heart is hurting like a biatch.. Must have had this nightmare at least a handful of times.

I was really scared of vampires when i was young.

Turning the TV on to find out that Mazinger Z or Ulysses XXXI had been cancelled or removed.

You know there's a thing called cars out there? And you live in the ghetto. You can get mugged, stabbed or shot at any point.

You live in quicksand just like me. We must overcome our fears and become walking weapons.

LoL, Im not a victim, bud, ole Pete is safe as fuck in the ghetto

Reactions: 666
I think the biggest fear I had as a child was earwigs going into my ears when I sleep. I think I was traumatized after watching Star Trek: Wrath of Khan. lol

Any weird fears as a child?
When you are at the grocery store checkout with your parents, and they told you to wait in line while they go grab something quick that they forgot, and then the conveyor belt full of your groceries moves closet and closer to the cashier, but your parents are nowhere to be found.

That's a real big fear of mine, and had to go through that PTSD inducing moment a few times

Sharks and kidnapping.

Sharks is from Jaws.
My family never supervised what I watched and so I saw a lot of stuff a young kid would usually not see. Like all the Friday The 13th and Nightmare on elm st probably in elementary school and middle school.

Kidnapping is because I witnessed an attempted kidnapping. That stuck with me

Nuclear war. I grew up during the peak of the arms race during the Cold War and saw The Day After, which really messed with my thoughts.

AIDS was a close second. Nobody understood it, which caused hysteria.

I can remember having a fear of potato bugs when quite young. I'd look under the bed, around seats, around the toilet, where ever I went to make sure one of those ugly potato bugs wasn't near by.

Bigfoot-watching The Legend of Boggy Creek at 6 yrs old and growing up next to a large forest did not help. Also, quicksand was convinced that shite was everywhere

My folks were both avid hunters. We had numerous large game mounts on the wall, Whitetail, Elk, Ram, etc. As a young child I saw a Western where an Indian was sticking his head in a window, it reminded me of the mounts. So as a 6yo or so, Indians and taxidemy deer were the subject of many nightmares.

Sharks and wolves
I don’t know why I was so scared of sharks but I got bit by a dog when I was young so that explains the wolves
Also spiders, still give me a jump but not actually scared, they just give me the creeps

Rupturing my Achilles tendon, thanks to Isaiah Thomas going on talk shows and describing in great detail how horrible it was.

Back