What Submission move has become outdated and thereby easy to escape?

its like avoiding a punch..some are easy to avoid..but you might caught..or knocked out..anything is possible..ofcourse it always depends on who you are fighting..and what state you are at that time in the fight

I think for me it's a guillotine. I see a lot of people get out of Guillotine's because it's usually a last ditch effort to not get taken down.

If its sunk, you're screwed.

wtf r u smoking guy?! triangle is the best sub move period. the rampage arona fight ending was exceptional

rxnupe04 said:
What submission has become the easiest to escape-either because MMA fighters have become Stronger and/or the submission manuver is outdated. I for one believe the traditional Triangle choke is easy to escape- one just has to stand up and slam his victim to the ground same way Rampage did Arona. However, I do see a few fighters extended the persons elbow whilein the Triangle. However IMO if the arm is not extended the Triangle choke is fairly easy to escape.

Guillotine choke? You guys are on crack. Watch some Pequeno Nogueria fights and marvel at the power of the choke. Even Allistar Overeem has had a resurgence because of that move.

A move outdated? The moment people begin to disregard and underestimate a technique... is the moment that technique becomes the most dangerous.

no technique is foolproof just as no technique is obsolete. but there are a handful of fighters who will never get submitted by RNC, cuz they just know what to do.

If done properly, none are outdated. Fighters have just become more wary of them and better at defending them.

Arona did not hook Rampage's leg and made a very basic mistake. Normally that won't happen.

how do you hook a leg if both of your legs are wrapped around your opponent's torso in a triangle choke??

can opener, also the guillatine (unless ur the demolitionman)

Canadi@nTopTeam said:
how do you hook a leg if both of your legs are wrapped around your opponent's torso in a triangle choke??

with ur hands

i'm suprised no one brought up some leg submissions. Those are very hard to do and can be escaped.

pete sell caught phil baroni with a guillotine. fundamental subs will never b outdated even if they become less frequent. that's like saying uppercuts in boxing don't work like they used to.

Sudoraba said:
Guillotine choke? You guys are on crack. Watch some Pequeno Nogueria fights and marvel at the power of the choke. Even Allistar Overeem has had a resurgence because of that move.

A move outdated? The moment people begin to disregard and underestimate a technique... is the moment that technique becomes the most dangerous.

randystheman said:
I think for me it's a guillotine. I see a lot of people get out of Guillotine's because it's usually a last ditch effort to not get taken down.

If its sunk, you're screwed.

LOL I seen tonsssss of matches ended by that choke! I don't think its outdated I think it's one of the easiest and quickest chokes to actually sink on someone! Just ask overeem or even cro cop I think that was his only submission victory...

I think the Guillotine is one of the most effective submissions in terms of effort used to get it, little timing to apply it and the results it gives!

he meant your opponents leg with your arm. not that that would have saved him necessarily. no specific submission move is outdated! the real evolution of fighting is more strikers have developed a solid overall sub and takedown defense. likewise we're seeing the converse as sub guys r developing their striking. it's all about cross training and the individual fighter not the individual technique. damn this is an ignorant thread topic. i hate myself for being here, so i will go now

Canadi@nTopTeam said:

I'd have to say the Achilles lock has become outdated. Anyone who knows anything about submission grappling will not tap and since there is no real submission besides pain its pretty much useless.

Back