What Submission move has become outdated and thereby easy to escape?

None, just have to be more creative in getting the submission........

Gsoares2 said:
bret_vs_sting3.jpg
- Out dated submissions

That may be outdated, but I think I got one worse... when in pro wrestling did you EVER see anyone submit to the sleeper?

99apr23_ohart_roaddogg.jpg

yeah but owen is dead.. so is his move...
he kicked the bucket after he did the lambo leap out of the lights and through the wrestling floor.

The Fire Zouave said:
Rampage is freakishly strong, most fighters cannot pick up an opponent of equal size like that from that position. In the rare case that a guy is that strong and assuming you don't get the leg hooked, all you have to do is open your guard. The triangle is by no means outdated and is still one of the most effective subs around.
you should be able to muscle someone your size around in most positions. i'm not saying push press them but lifting a triangle is not hard. you have good leverage and grip since they're clinging to you so weight really isn't an issue unless they have a good 50lbs+ on you.

Gsoares2 said:
he kicked the bucket after he did the lambo leap out of the lights and through the wrestling floor.
congrats on talking shit about a dead man. park your big wheel on any graves lately?

the blue blazer was the fuckin' man.

Argentine back breaker.

And possibly a few submissions that are based a lot on strength like fore arm chokes and neck cranks. Long time since I saw anyone win by those at top level.

you should be able to muscle someone your size around in most positions. i'm not saying push press them but lifting a triangle is not hard. you have good leverage and grip since they're clinging to you so weight really isn't an issue unless they have a good 50lbs+ on you.
Maybe, but if you underhook the leg, he can't lift you.

Gsoares2 said:

WHAT A DICK!! why would you say something like that!?

I'd say the Americana from the mount position. Haven't tapped to one of those in years.

Bry Guy said:
omoplata and kimura from the guard

I dont thinkn Omoplata's are outdated at all..I use them quite a bit and no one expects them so they usually work

2om30 said:
None, just have to be more creative in getting the submission........

Exactly. While none of the submissions themselves have become outdated usually its the setups that have. The game is constantly evolving, and this goes for all moves not just submissions. If you look at BJJ ten years ago the game was much different. You see fighters still having success with the most basic moves such as guillotine still being pulled off at the highest levels due to variations and setups. Look at Pequeno with his 10-finger guillotene and alistair overeem over so many fighters in submission wrestling and pride with one of the most basic of chokes.

Sudoraba said:
A move outdated? The moment people begin to disregard and underestimate a technique... is the moment that technique becomes the most dangerous.
I think this is the best answer. Go on believing that the omoplata is out dated... in fact quit training it. See what happens when you come across someone who uses it well.

By the way, I too like the omoplata like a few others have said. You don't see it used often in MMA, but it is a good option. Even if you fail in the attemt there are various sweeps that can be used as follow ups.

Kolchak said:
Arona did not hook Rampage's leg and made a very basic mistake. Normally that won't happen.

VERY VERY TRUE, good point. If the bottom fighter hooks his opponent's leg on the cross arm side, then it makes it almost impossible for the standing opponent to pick you up, it actually increases the tension and locks the chock in even harder.

No submission will ever be outdated because there are too many variables in fighting. Sweat, strength, fatigue, experience, technique, heart, timing, etc. Even a neck crank will work on a guy if it is applied properly, especially if he has no heart, or is just completely exhausted. So, in my opinion, I don't think you could respectively dismiss any submission (other than WWE shit).

Time_to_Lose said:
the collar choke...
I see Rickson Gracie students, get people in collar choke- arm lock- double attacks all the time in compitition.
Helio Gracie's sons teach them very very well.
It is the set -up that is key. Once you think you arm is being attacked your neck is mine!

can opener is the only one can think of, and that sucker only worked for about two weeks.

Fight_Song said:

most people have a hard time standing all the way up on a triangle. it's not like you can squat them up. you are bent at your waist and have a 200lb man wraped around your neck.... these are not good conditions to just pop up. all the listinf is done with your back. that is why simply hooking hte leg with your free arm will stop them from standing up. it's not that anyone's arm is strnger than the average guy's back. it's just the arm is enough to give you the edge on strong guys

I disagree with the idea of submissons not being outdated. Im not saying that submissons are impossible to sink but that new technique/tactic makes them not as effective and bacuse of this people go for other stuff instead. An example would be that legsubmissons where very popular with pros before but now most fighter prioritize position instead.

mogway said:
I'd say the Americana from the mount position. Haven't tapped to one of those in years.

thats my go to submission from mount and it works everytime...

its just most people dont know how to do it properly

Back