Crime What should happen to Arbery killers?

What should happen to Arbery's killers

• Total voters
There were 19 they should walk votes yesterday, now there are 18.

Last edited:
Based on what I knew about the case- I admittedly didn't follow it much- seems like the jury made the right call.

I don't think Travis murdered Ahmaud. The gun went off after Ahmaud grabbed the gun. Then they wrestled for it in a life and death wrestling match with Ahmaud falling over after a couple shots.

Travis might be in trouble for pointing the gun at a trespasser based on state law in Georgia.

Once Ahmaud grabbed the gun, then it's a life and death struggle.

Ahmaud should have stopped for the neighborhood watch after he broke into the home.

So by that rationale I can break the law by menacing you with a gun, but the second you try to resist me I get to kill you and it's your fault?

So by that rationale I can break the law by menacing you with a gun, but the second you try to resist me I get to kill you and it's your fault?
If I'm snooping inside someone's home and sprint out, yes you should have the right to bring your gun and yell at me to stop and need to explain what I was doing in your neighbor's house. And I'm morally obligated to stop and tell you. If I grab your gun, you have the right to shoot me.

Last edited:
If I'm snooping inside someone's home and sprint out, yes you should have the right to bring your gun and yell at me to stop and explain what I was doing in your neighbor's house. And I'm morally obligated to stop and tell you. If I grab your gun, you have the right to shoot me.

Nice story you made up there.

Nice story you made up there.
It's odd how these supposed defenders of law and order think where their opinion diverges from the law, they should just do whatever they want. I thought they hated criminals?

If I'm snooping inside someone's home and sprint out, yes you should have the right to bring your gun and yell at me to stop and explain what I was doing in your neighbor's house. And I'm morally obligated to stop and tell you. If I grab your gun, you have the right to shoot me.
What if I just think you have? I didn't see you, but you look kinda like someone I saw in a grainy dark video a few days ago? Can I stop you at gunpoint then?

Try grabbing a cops gun and see what happens to you. This is no different.

The law, whether you like it or not, allows for citizens arrest WHILE ARMED.

yeah they’re changing the law now but at the time that’s what the law was. So what did they do illegally here? Being “racist” isn’t illegal.

It's truly disturbing that people are defending the actions of these men. Beyond disturbing actually...

What if I just think you have? I didn't see you, but you look kinda like someone I saw in a grainy dark video a few days ago? Can I stop you at gunpoint then?
Arbery was seen many times inside that home in the McMichaels neighborhood. Ended up we found out Arbery was a multiple time thief. Good chance some of the things stolen in that neighborhood were stolen by Ahmaud.

And Ahmaud's reaction to them was the reaction of a guilty man in my opinion. A good and innocent man stops and explains why he has been entering a house that he doesn't own. And Ahmaud was not that, and he ran when he got caught. And the reaction of a guilty man would be to more likely attack those who caught him

yeah they’re changing the law now but at the time that’s what the law was. So what did they do illegally here? Being “racist” isn’t illegal.

No different than grabbing a cop's gun? You're joking right? They had zero authority to make a citizens arrest here as has been explained multiple times in multiple threads. But there are still a few dumbasses like yourself that keep ignoring that fact to defend these guys.

It's truly disturbing that people are defending the actions of these men. Beyond disturbing actually...

What did they do that was ILLEGAL?

Chase him? Nope. Perfectly within the law here.
Arrest him? Nope. Not where they were.
Shoot him? Nope. He went for their gun and started to physically assault the shooter.
Being “racist”? Nope. Not illegal just yet.

So as you can blatantly see if you look at it with logic, what did they do ILLEGAL?

What they did doesn't even meet what was the criteria for a citizens arrest.

Chase him? Nope. Perfectly within the law here.
Shoot him? Nope. He went for their gun and started to physically assault the shooter.

So as you can blatantly see if you look at it with logic, what did they do ILLEGAL?

Jesus....

I think if you want to know what they

Chase him? Nope

Unlawful imprisonment and aggravated assault. These charges lead on to the felony murder of dad and Roddy. But you didn't actually want to know that because it would be very easy to find out.

What they did doesn't even meet what was the criteria for a citizens arrest.

Wrong. That’s exactly what a citizens arrest WAS in Georgia at the time, before they changed it. Why would they change it recently if what these guys did were illegal?

I think if you want to know what they

Unlawful imprisonment and aggravated assault. These charges lead on to the felony murder of dad and Roddy. But you didn't actually want to know that because it would be very easy to find out.

What in the hell is a citizens arrest then? Which was legal at the time. They specifically changed the law RECENTLY because what they did was LEGAL.

Back