Crime What should happen to Arbery killers?

What should happen to Arbery's killers

• Total voters

cooks1

No matter where you go-there you are
@Gold
Reaction score
The Rittenhouse trial is understandably capturing everyone's attention right now. And regardless of the result, there will be a lot of discussion and protest.

As incendiary as the result of that trial will be, I feel the Arbery trial could have far greater ramifications.

What do my fellow sherdoggers think should happen to his killers?

My personal thought is that if 3 armed white men in a truck chasing an unarmed black man on foot are able to get off on self defense......there will be......problems.

Last edited:
They aren't guilty of murder, because Ahmaud ran up and grabbed his gun causing it to go off

Ahmaud shouldn't have been going into houses that aren't his

OK- So what sentence, if any, should they get?

The trial should finish.
Not that our system serves justice, per say, but it's the system we've got.

The Rittenhouse trial is understandably capturing everyone's attention right now. And regardless of the result, there will be a lot of discussion and protest.

As incendiary as the result of that trial will be, I feel the Arbery trial could have far greater ramifications.

My personal thought is that if 3 armed white men in a truck chasing an unarmed black man on foot are able to get off on self defense......there will be......problems.

Have you watched the trial? The defense ripped apart the homeowner's credibility on cross. The homeowner was in fear of Arbery. He admitted he wanted Mr. Arbery caught and stopped. This case is weaker than I previously suspected.

The details over the whole incident are pretty sketchy, so I'm not sure as to what degree they'll be found guilty on, but I'm pretty sure they'll be found guilty of murder of some kind. Whatever they're found guilty of, I'm sure the punishment will be pretty significant. I don't know exactly what they're being charged with and what the options are for the jury, but on it's face, I would say 2nd degree murder, with the sentence being life with the possibility of parole after 40 years, or something.

Five years for attempted false imprisonment plus ten years for first degree assault plus five years felony murder for 20 each. Possible additional for whoever pulled the trigger.

I think they aggravated him to the point he felt like he had to defend himself and then they killed him. I dont believe it was self defense. They will get prison time for sure.

Rittenhouse was clear self defense as both times he was trying to get away and they were chasing him. He wont get any jail time

If the shooter was in fear for his own life at the time he pulled the trigger he must be fully exonerated: Not guilty.

An American's ability to defend him or herself with a firearm would be placed in severe jeopardy if we actually applied any objective, factual standards to use of deadly force. We have to let the shooter's subjective emotions make the determination as to whether a kill shot is justified or unjustified.

Otherwise the communists win.

They are going to get some time.

Most likely 2nd degree murder.

However I'm not sure of all the facts so it may be different. I'm think at least manslaughter of some type.

If the shooter was in fear for his own life at the time he pulled the trigger he must be fully exonerated: Not guilty.

An American's ability to defend him or herself with a firearm would be placed in severe jeopardy if we actually applied any objective, factual standards to use of deadly force. We have to let the shooter's subjective emotions make the determination as to whether a kill shot is justified or unjustified.

Otherwise the communists win.

OK- So the events that transpired leading up to the time the trigger was pulled are meaningless in your eyes? I can chase you down with a gun and when I catch up to you and you try and grab it, I can kill you with no legal consequence?

3 armed men in a truck were chasing down an unarmed man on foot. An unarmed man who was fleeing. Forgive me, but that does not sound very 'self-defensy'.

Life easily. That was a modern day lynching. Chased him down in a truck with guns drawn just for jogging while black.
He commited misdemeanor trespassing multiple times, and was being sought ought by local law enforcement so they could give him a citation, followed by harsher punishment for continued law breaking.

Of course they still lynched the man, but not for jogging while black. That's a false narrative pushed by you-know-who.

They aren't guilty of murder, because Ahmaud ran up and grabbed his gun causing it to go off

Ahmaud shouldn't have been going into houses that aren't his

Before that they hit him with a car so it's self defense at that point. You can't hit people with cars and then surround them with guns and claim self defense.

He commited misdemeanor trespassing multiple times, and was being sought ought by local law enforcement so they could give him a citation, followed by harsher punishment for continued law breaking.

Of course they still lynched the man, but not for jogging while black. That's a false narrative pushed by you-know-who.
The McMichael saw a black man jogging and assumed he was guilty of something. They had absolutely no authority to chase him down and kill him. He was killed fir jogging while black.

Before that they hit him with a car so it's self defense at that point. You can't hit people with cars and then surround them with guns and claim self defense.
I always wondered why he didn’t try to duck into a yard or up between houses? We see in the video, he runs up to and then around the truck.

Why was the gun in play?

What was the clear and present existential threat that caused those pussies to form a posse?
They are allowed to carry a gun. 2nd Amendment.

They are allowed to confront him for tresspassing.

Ahmaud grabbed the gun, it went off.

Ahmaud was apparently breaking into a house in their neighborhood that was not his. Things were being stolen in that house. No proof yet it was Ahmaud stealing stuff but he shouldn't be breaking in

People who break into other people's houses are often dangerous

Last edited:
Back