Social What positives have muslims brought to the West?

If we want to play that game, Europeans as a whole have contributed very little to humanity unless we consider plague, overpopulation, colonization, and human trafficking to be contributions.

Here's the part no one likes to admit: race and ethnicity don't matter as much as racist people want to believe because most humans are assholes. Some of them are amazing, but a large portion of the Homo sapiens on the planet are violent stupid shit heads.

You have got to be either braindamaged or trolling - what in the fuck are you talking about?

Russia can be counted as muslim and this list, since the crime are most likely done by Chechens, there are almost no Ethnic Russian males in Norway.

1A81R0j.jpg

Those damn Russian terrorists :D;)

I'm trying to think of any but i can't. There must be heaps of good things that the migrant muslims bring or else our leaders wouldn't be bringing as many as they can to our countries each year.
Well i just don't think there will be many replies to this thread unless i change it slightly.
"What have muslims brought to the West?"

Here is something they have brought to Finland.
You see, whatever happens in countries courtesy of the large muslim populations they have, those same things will also happen in other countries once their muslim population grows. So those with less muslims can have a glimpse into their country's future.
Finland now have those so called Grooming Gangs that Britain has had for ages.
I think a better name would be Rape Gangs.

Contemporarily nothing. But in the year 1200 they brought math, cutlery, soap, philosophy and the ability for the western scientific revolution. 800 years ago it was totally opposite if you asked that question then. Heard of the islamic Golden age?

I'm trying to think of any but i can't. There must be heaps of good things that the migrant muslims bring or else our leaders wouldn't be bringing as many as they can to our countries each year.
Well i just don't think there will be many replies to this thread unless i change it slightly.
"What have muslims brought to the West?"

Here is something they have brought to Finland.
You see, whatever happens in countries courtesy of the large muslim populations they have, those same things will also happen in other countries once their muslim population grows. So those with less muslims can have a glimpse into their country's future.
Finland now have those so called Grooming Gangs that Britain has had for ages.
I think a better name would be Rape Gangs.

That's a heavy question

1A81R0j.jpg

Those damn Russian terrorists :D;)

probably Chechen,

Norwegians are kind of retarded when it comes to Russian ethnicities, they though Datsik was Chechen.

rizhiy-tarzan-00.jpg

Even people on Sherdog still cannot understand that Dagestanis are not Russians.

Contemporarily nothing. But in the year 1200 they brought math, cutlery, soap, philosophy and the ability for the western scientific revolution. 800 years ago it was totally opposite if you asked that question then. Heard of the islamic Golden age?

It seems the Islamic golden age is overstated in some articles I have read although there could be an anti Islam bias.

does wadtucket have a new account?

people saying gas realize that the US is A) the largest producer of gas and oil in the world, and B) gets it's largest share of foreign oil from Canada (more than all of OPEC combined), right?

No they are the same people that think China owns all of the United States' debt.

Yes it did exist, and no Muslims didn't invent it. Al Khwarizmi (who was Persian, not Arabic), who wrote the book the Kitāb al-muḫtaṣar fī ḥisāb al-ğabr wa-l-muqābala, and from which the term Algebra came, based most of his work on that of Pandit and mathematicians from the Gupta dynasty. The Hinus themselves were influenced by the Egyptians and Greeks, who were using advanced mathematics far, far earlier.

The Hindu influence on Arab mathematicians and scholars is well documented. It's why the "Arab" number system is called al-adad al-hindi, for example.

Most of the ancient civilizations who used advanced mathematics, including algebra, pre-date Islam and Muslims by thousands of years. What Al Khwarizmi did, and should get credit for, is compile a book that was able to successfully take those ideas and that knowledge and eventually perpetuate them among a much larger and wider swathe of the population.

No it didnt.

"Perhaps one of the most significant advances made by Arabic mathematics began at this time with the work of al-Khwarizmi, namely the beginnings of algebra. It is important to understand just how significant this new idea was. It was a revolutionary move away from the Greek concept of mathematics which was essentially geometry. Algebra was a unifying theory which allowed rational numbers, irrational numbers, geometrical magnitudes, etc., to all be treated as "algebraic objects". It gave mathematics a whole new development path so much broader in concept to that which had existed before, and provided a vehicle for the future development of the subject. Another important aspect of the introduction of algebraic ideas was that it allowed mathematics to be applied to itself in a way which had not happened before."

— MacTutor History of Mathematics archive

Spherical trigonometryEdit
Further information: Law of sines and History of trigonometry
The spherical law of sines was discovered in the 10th century: it has been attributed variously to Abu-Mahmud Khojandi, Nasir al-Din al-Tusi and Abu Nasr Mansur, with Abu al-Wafa' Buzjani as a contributor.[13]Ibn Muʿādh al-Jayyānī's The book of unknown arcs of a sphere in the 11th century introduced the general law of sines.[19] The plane law of sines was described in the 13th century by Nasīr al-Dīn al-Tūsī. In his On the Sector Figure, he stated the law of sines for plane and spherical triangles, and provided proofs for this law.[20]

You cant say the law of sines or explicit proof for induction was around before them.

I tend to see this from detractors all the time. If there were islamic civilizational advancements, then they are to be always discounted in favor the earlier less developed science/developments. Basically, for muslims to get the credit, their discoveries have to appear out of thin air.

Back