What makes fighters like the REEM and Weidman keep going?

These guys literally paid to fight when they were younger. Now they're getting paid to do it. People need to realize that pro athletes or artists, w/e do what they love to do and get paid for it. That's why i don't understand why sherdoggers always try to compare what these guys do to their own burger flipping jobs. Its not a job. Its much more than that. Do any of you play sports? Most of non pros pay to play.

It's not about winning or being the best. It's about getting in there. Having something to look forward to. A goal. It makes you feel alive. Sure they're sticking around too long but that's why they do it.

This 1000%

Of course that's not to say there aren't Pro athletes that don't "phone it in" but in combat sports that's not really an option unless you want to risk your quality of life after the fight ends.

That Tatiana Suarez piece they ran last night is the perfect example.

Sometimes no matter how hard you try, the odds are stacked against you. I don't know if the Reem or Weidman are people to be admired, because they got brain damage, but if anything you have to admire their tenacity. The tenacity to go day in and day out, and compete in something they love, even though they are victims of the new breed of fighters and terrible UFC refs.

Thank you

I'm sorry but the reem can still compete and make 800,000. Weidman is beyond shot. Night and day

Back