• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is the ceiling for Paddy Pimblett?

Joel Peterson

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Now that we've seen what he can do(and can't do). When does this movie end and how? If he beats Bobby Green, he will be 6-0 in the UFC's toughest weight class. I know his food addiction, and the very questionable decision he won against Gordon loom over a lot of fight fans heads, but he's still a draw. I personally would like to see him take on Dan hooker, or potentially Dariush if he can finish and or dominate Green.

6-0 in UFC looks good on paper, but he still needs to beat some noteworthy fighters before we can really see where he is at.
He did well against Ferguson, but he was on a 6 loss skid and was way washed and old.
His fight against Jared Gordon was not impressive, many felt he loss including myself.

If he beats Bobby in impressive fashion, he would probably be a top 10-15 level fighter imo

Yeah that’s Paddy’s account. He posts here more often than other fighters do
Awesome. Brings me back to the old days of Sherdog when I first joined. I remember interacting with Bas Rutten, Bisping, Miesha Tate, Tank and others.. Trolls scared most of them away unfortunately..

Awesome. Brings me back to the old days of Sherdog when I first joined. I remember interacting with Bas Rutten, Bisping, Miesha Tate, Tank and others.. Trolls scared most of them away unfortunately..

I missed those days. It is like that everywhere now though it’s not just an mma fan thing

IMG_2638.jpeg

Josh Barnett, Phil Baroni, Lee Murray, Roxana Moddaferi.

Well, at least two of them have obvious reasons besides trolls to not post...

Josh Barnett, Phil Baroni, Lee Murray, Roxana Moddaferi.

Well, at least two of them have obvious reasons besides trolls to not post...
I have no doubt Lee Murray has full internet access in the Moroccan prison..no excuses!

I think the ceiling may be running into Bobby Green.

Bobby is ranked 15 on the official UFC rankings today. That's a big step up. Even the rickety, reanimated corpse of Tony was a big step up for him.

I think if he gets past Bobby as a 6-0 fighter they need to give him a top 10 fight, maybe Moicano or Fiziev.

I think the ceiling may be running into Bobby Green.

Bobby is ranked 15 on the official UFC rankings today. That's a big step up. Even the rickety, reanimated corpse of Tony was a big step up for him.

I think if he gets past Bobby as a 6-0 fighter they need to give him a top 10 fight, maybe Moicano or Fiziev.

I agree.

We will find out the answer to this after he fights Bobby. Bobby is legit, I doubt paddy is even the favorite. Hoping paddy does well.

At best, 10-15, depending on if he gets past Bobby Green.

I don't know about the ceiling, but he'll blow the roof off the Manchester arena when he fights. I can easily see more fans travelling to see him than the main event, and I say that as someone who is a fan of Leon.

Not sure how far he can go, but Bobby Green is his toughest fight yet. He's facing a top 15 opponent on a huge PPV event in his home country. If he beats Green, his next fight will likely be a title eliminator.

Now that we've seen what he can do(and can't do). When does this movie end and how? If he beats Bobby Green, he will be 6-0 in the UFC's toughest weight class. I know his food addiction, and the very questionable decision he won against Gordon loom over a lot of fight fans heads, but he's still a draw. I personally would like to see him take on Dan hooker, or potentially Dariush if he can finish and or dominate Green.
probably a top 15 guy for a couple of years. he lacks coherency when it comes to dieting and speech so theres that and he keeps getting served old dogs on a platter instead of challenging himself up the ranks.

Back