• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is the ceiling for Paddy Pimblett?

I think he's closed to reach it, unless he takes some pretty good strides in his striking. Maybe he would be better suited to go spend some time in Thailand or something, because his grappling is already pretty awesome, but he's a liability on the feet and not a dominant enough wrestler to force grappling exchanges where he actually excells.

Ali Aquinta has been ranked #4 in the same weight class
So who knows?

Idk fam I tink he can crack top 15 but him confidence lacking 🚫😎 Mans ain't speakin on di Baddy Paddy character but Baddy Paddy di man bro been duckin' my friendly call-out 👋💥 asked if we could slap spar tinkin maybe we get food after bro just eek my post never talk to me again fam still tayum fi improvement tho 💯

Ali Aquinta has been ranked #4 in the same weight class
So who knows?

Laquinta went 8-2 in the UFC up to his short notice whollaping by Khabib.

In that run he beat Kevin Lee, Pearson, Lauzon, Masvidal and a nice first round KO over Diego Sanchez. He would of course casually beat the shit out of Kevin Lee a second time.

IMO probably a solidly top 10 talent had he stayed training and consistent with the sport, but he wisely branched off into real estate because U Fight Cheap was paying peanuts.

Who knows? RDA was a thoroughly unimpressive grapple boxer until he lost to Tibau and then he became a destroyer. Maybe he'll have his moment and become a world beater. Until then, just a marketable prelim guy.

Green is a really good test. If he beats Green I'll up my estimation of his ceiling but even with that, I can't see him as a potential title challenger.

Bobby Green is exactly at 15 I think, if Paddy wins, top 15. I don't think Paddy would ever be a legit top 10 at LW. 6-0 at 1st glance is impressive but you gotta look at who he fought, when he fought (eg ghost of Ferg). Paddy has been training for a long time, realistically his skills are not gonna get much better than they are at present. After a while, your skills hit a ceiling or plateau, or you only slowly get better since you've already been training so many yrs by then.

wouldn't be surprised if he catches bobby, I don't think he stays in the 15 consistently, he's 29 and 13 years into his career so he's by no means a spring chicken

Good if keeps fighting prelim fighters

He's gotta figure out how to control himself and be disciplined.

He would get so fat and disgusting between fights which can only be weakness.

He's one of those guys who is talented so can have success without being disciplined, but that hurt him.

Any talk about "but he can get fat between fights and still win fights" just leads to the question of well how good could he be if he wasn't lazy and weak between fights?

Honestly he could probably be one of the greats if he can overcome that weakness. There's no reason that disqualifies him.

Now that we've seen what he can do(and can't do). When does this movie end and how? If he beats Bobby Green, he will be 6-0 in the UFC's toughest weight class. I know his food addiction, and the very questionable decision he won against Gordon loom over a lot of fight fans heads, but he's still a draw. I personally would like to see him take on Dan hooker, or potentially Dariush if he can finish and or dominate Green.

Maybe a low vaulted ceiling, definitely not a cathedral ceiling sir.

He's at it.

I think He can beat guys at the 13+ ranking for the most part.

Green should be a 50/50 fight. Green aging of course, paddy young with a strong ground game. I don't favor him in any match up high ranked than this at this current point. not to say that he can't win, just that i wouldn't favour him. I'd expect him to be the underdog against most of the top 10. Unless he beats someone high ranked in dominant fashion. That will change public opinion.

GOAT
top fighter
mediocre
bad/amateur
>YOU ARE HERE< paddy pimbler
wmma

Now that we've seen what he can do(and can't do). When does this movie end and how? If he beats Bobby Green, he will be 6-0 in the UFC's toughest weight class. I know his food addiction, and the very questionable decision he won against Gordon loom over a lot of fight fans heads, but he's still a draw. I personally would like to see him take on Dan hooker, or potentially Dariush if he can finish and or dominate Green.
The ceiling for Pimblett is approximately 4feet above the floor.

(Which means he has already hit the ceiling before fully standing up.)

Flash Gordon already whooped Paddy, he might be able to get into the top 15 with favorable matchmaking or flukey wins but overall I don't think his true skill level is top 15

He's not spit on anyone like bisping yet, the sky is the limit for this kid

Paddy gets hit, a lot. There's a strong lack of head movement, shelling, rolling in his standup. I don't know how much more improvement we're going to see in Paddy's striking defense, so that limits his ceiling. This is what makes this matchup vs Green such a significant test.

Paddy got controlled by Gordon along the fence, so there's that as well. Paddy also is undisciplined with his weight, and that's unhelpful for longevity.

He's entertaining and has good submission skills, but to make a leap he's going to have to get better on the feet, a la Souza.

Back